Vacature Senior Java Backend Software Engineer Amsterdam | No1 in real time data processing| Spring Boot, Spring Data, Microservices, AWS stack, Kafka, Spark and ElasticSearch | Up to €80.000
Job: Senior Java Backend Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you like working with Spring Boot, Spring Data, Microservices, AWS stack, Kafka, Spark and ElasticSearch?
- Would you love to work within an amazing international product environment with a lot of freedom for new ideas, and fun and where you can really help make an impact?
- Do you like to work on high performance systems with very experienced colleagues?
- How about working in a an amazing office where you can get great feedback directly from the business?
Then this might be the job for you!
Your employer: European Market Leader in Online Technology
This very international company with over 15 nationalities has its roots firmly planted in Amsterdam and has since its founding grown into a European powerhouse within its market. They are leading in one of the fastest growing industries on the planet deeply rooted in the online community with ties to Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft.
The culture is young and energetic with a lot of passion for what they do. Within their online industry they are the pride of the Netherlands with unique real time technology that enables grade A-clients to sell their inventory in real time to millions of users in a deadly efficient way. The company is a fun mix of people all sharing a bite to eat at two big tables daily during the fully catered (free) lunch. They tend to hire very intelligent and mature people that thrive in an informal environment, where there is a lot of freedom. They are a strong supporter of flexible working hours and working from home possibilities.
They are big enthusiasts of open source and love to give back to the community, which they will be contributing to various open source projects. Their CTO is one of the leading figures on Big Data and Distributed computing so you can learn a lot. Next to this they have a very experienced and friendly team of engineers that you will be working with too! Here you strand to learn a lot of skills that will boost your career until you retirement! You have lots of room to go to seminars and meet ups to keep your skills razor sharp!
Your job: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
As Senior Java Backend Software Engineer Amsterdam you will be part of a very experienced and mixed bunch of software engineers, data engineers, data scientists and database specialists working on systems that touch the lives of hundreds of millions every day. They are currently scaling up their development efforts in Amsterdam, which is why we are looking for multiple medior AND senior java software engineers to join their team.
Here you work right next to the business in their amazing office here in the center of Amsterdam, so feedback on your work is very quick! Of course you don’t to this alone but are backed by the smartest minds in the industry.
The goals is to improve the current backend so they can deliver better, quicker and with more quality. This will enable better ways of using, analyzing and presenting the huge amounts of data that is collecting daily, adding to the already impressive competitor advantage. You will help extend the different functionalities to their impressive platform, improve code quality and improve their API’s. Furthermore you can make a big impact in helping improve the current software engineering best practices, help move to a microservices architecture and help choose new technologies down the road like Scala or Kotlin. It’s all possible!
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional java software engineering experience
- Excellent comprehension of data structures and building high performance /heavy lead systems
- A good communicator and in favor of clean coding standards
- A Master’s degree in computer science or similar working level
- Experience with REST
- Experience with Scala, Kotlin and/or Python would be a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Spring Data is a plus
- Experience with algorithms and performance optimization is a plus
- Experience with Microservices would be a plus
- Experience with AWS, Spark, NoSQL, Kafka and/or ElasticSearch would be a plus
What is offered for this amazing job?
- Between € 60.000 and € 80.000 based on your knowledge and experience
- The chance to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- + 1 month salary as yearend bonus
- Flexibele working hours + working from home possibilities
- 25 holidays
- Company lunch fully provided
- Laptop or Macbook
Are you a Senior Java Backend Software Engineer Amsterdam and do you want to jump on the fast moving train which is this amazing online technology company?