Vacature Team Lead Java/Kotlin Amsterdam | Management & Hands-On | Famous Dutch Brand is scaling up their online platform | Java17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP | Salary € 110.000 + 30 holidays
Vacancy: Team Lead Java/Kotlin Amsterdam
- Would you like to work for a very famous Dutch brand that most of your friends and family know?
- Would you like to join a company that is about to skyrocket its online platform in terms of scale, new tech, and new features?
- What do you think about a role with a lot of freedom and responsibility where you can manage a team, be involved in strategic technical discussions, and still got time for some hands-on coding and building the coolest new products?
- Do you like to have the autonomy from management to play a key role in their strategic technical discissions for the long run and be able to implement them as well?
- What do you think of a salary package up to € 110.000 + 30 holidays + great pension, 3 days working from home, NS business card, and work with Java17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes en GCP?
Well, don’t wait any longer we have the job for you!
Your employer: Famous Dutch brand is scaling up its online platform with new tech and new products!
This company is a household name in the Netherlands and very famous and ever since they were founded put a smile on people’s faces. Years ago they made a transition to building their own online platform with great success. Currently, they are one of the biggest in their field, have grown from zero to seven development teams in a few years, and are currently internationally expanding their brand.
So after multiple successful years and have set a strong platform and engineering culture it is time for their next phase to be able to scale further. Therefore you can enjoy here in the coming years from several technical challenges like the transition from Java to Kotlin, setting up a new architecture for their API landscape, replacing off-the-shelf products with their own developed technology, optimizing delivery automation, and building a lot of greenfield products from scratch. So as you can read, no need to get bored here!
In the last few years, they have built a very inspiring engineering culture with 50/50 males/females. Still, very small and agile therefore short decision cycle, your decisions will have a huge impact on the company, and is easy to know your engineering colleagues in a short period of time.
Your role: Team Lead Java/Kotlin Amsterdam
In your role as a Team Lead Java/Kotlin Amsterdam, you will be responsible for both technical and management. Although this will be a small team of 3 experienced engineers and will grow to 5 in the near future. So here you got the chance to be involved in hiring your own team as well. You make sure your team is happy and help them develop their career in the direction they would like to.
In the role of a team lead you will still be very hands-on and very close to the technology. There is a lot of autonomy and freedom to make your own technical decisions. Therefore we are looking for a strong team leader who is willing to take responsibility and has a strong technical vision and opinion on both high-level functionalities as well as software architecture, delivery automation, and feature development.
The goal for the engineering department is to double in this and the coming year, so here you got the chance to grow with the company. As a team lead, you can grow in the number of direct reports and eventually grow into the role of engineering director. But this is not a must-have! Want to stay hands-on, no problem!
What is required?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience in leading a team (Can be as a Senior on projects or formally as lead Developer)
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Spring Boot and Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud is a plus
- Experience with large scale software architecture is a plus
- Experience with building features/products from scratch is a plus
- Strong vision on delivery and test automation
- Fun and nice person to work with 😉
What is Offered?
- Salary between € 90.000 and € 110.000
- Extremely well pension
- 30 holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home 3 days a week
- NS business card to travel
- Macbook and mobile phone
Are you interested to build the future of this well know and respected Dutch household name and are you looking to use all the technical knowledge you have gained in your career?