Vacature Staff Software Engineer Amsterdam | Stable GreenTech Scale-Up | Event-Driven Architecture | Golang, Node.JS, GCP, Kubernetes, Pub Sub, DevOps | €150,000 + 100% Remote
Your Job: Staff Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you want to take a leading role in this highly successful GreenTech scale-up and assist in their mission to significantly increase sustainability worldwide?
- Does it excite you to have technical leadership over four teams of high-level engineers and the opportunity to learn from engineers with even more experience than you?
- Are you motivated by fantastic benefits such as 100% remote work (or office-based), unlimited vacation days, maximum pension contribution (8%), and stock options?
- Do you appreciate decision-making authority in architecture, autonomous teams, the freedom to implement new tech and innovations, rapid decision cycles, and direct interaction with inspiring founders?
- Are you driven to tackle substantial greenfield challenges and lead the transition to Golang microservices, Event-Driven Architecture, and asynchronous data?
Then, keep reading, as this is the job for you!
Your Employer: This successful tech scale-up is making the world a better place!
Entrepreneurial engineers came together with a clear mission to improve the world. With their innovative, scalable GreenTech solution, they have been making a significant impact on more and more people in Europe and Mother Earth for years. Currently, a transition phase is underway, and plans to conquer the world are being forged. You can play a crucial role in this!
Here, they believe that freedom, autonomy, and responsibility bring out the best in engineers. Therefore, autonomous teams have the authority to determine the architecture, design, and tech stack. Fast decision cycles and direct interaction with founders make the difference, and for engineers, it’s truly a playground for innovation. So, you can learn a lot, make an impact, and lay the foundation for this renowned tech company in the making!
The secondary benefits underline the engineering culture because you have the freedom to work 100% remotely (or in the Amsterdam office). You also get unlimited vacation days, so you can decide how long you want to recharge. You will receive an electric bike, a generous training and conference budget, a maximum pension contribution (8%), stock options, free lunch, and the potential to earn up to €150,000 as a staff engineer!
Your Job: Staff Software Engineer Amsterdam
As a Staff Software Engineer in Amsterdam, you can build the foundation of this tech scale-up and scale it to millions of end-users. You will have technical leadership over four development teams with high-level engineers, make architectural and design decisions, and have full ownership of brand-new projects. You will collaborate with colleagues to ensure the product meets consumer needs.
You can still pursue your passion because you’ll be hands-on for 50% of your time! Exciting challenges include migrating critical services from monolith to Golang microservices and optimizing asynchronous data and event-sourcing as server load increases. You also have the freedom to implement new tech and innovations. As mentioned, there’s no shortage of challenges!
As a staff engineer, you already have a significant sphere of influence, and as the company grows, you can expand it further if you have the ambition to progress to an architect and ultimately a CTO!
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with Golang and Node.JS/Typescript (at least one of these, preferably both)
- Language-agnostic and experience with at least 2 programming languages
- Experience with ownership and delivery of platforms for various business domains
- DevOps mindset and comfort with cloud orchestration, Kubernetes, containerization, and CI/CD automation
- Experience with scalable, distributed Cloud/Microservices architectures
- Experience in architecture/design and leading development team(s)
- A technical bachelor’s and/or master’s degree or equivalent thinking level is a plus
- Experience with React is a plus
- Experience with GCP is a plus
- Experience introducing new technologies is a plus
- Experience within start/scale-up environments is a significant plus
What is offered?
- Between €120,000 and €150,000 per year based on expertise and added value
- 100% remote work or office-based in Amsterdam!
- Stock options (SAR) after 7 months
- Maximum pension contribution (8%) paid monthly!
- Unlimited vacation days!
- Opportunity to work abroad multiple times a year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Laptop or Macbook
- Flexible working hours Free lunch Electric bike!
- Generous training and conference budget
- Exciting team-building activities
Do you, as a Staff Software Engineer in Amsterdam, want to make a maximum impact on the sustainability of the Earth and the future of this promising GreenTech scale-up?