Vacature Staff Java Software Engineer Amsterdam | Build AI-Driven products for the world’s biggest online platform | 10M+ users a day | Java 11, Spark, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP & Elasticsearch | €100.000 + 15% bonus + 15% stocks + permanent contract
Vacancy: Staff Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do like to build AI-driven software products for the world’s largest online platform (10M+ visitors a day)?
- Do you want to work on a very tangible product, which is not only recognized by family and friends but also receive direct feedback on your work?
- What do you think to work closely together with the highest level of Data Engineers and -Scientists whom you can learn from?
- And do you like a remote-first policy, direct a permanent contract, a 15% end-of-year bonus, flexible working hours, health insurance discount, or even childcare reimbursement?
Sounds cool?! Make sure to read on!
Your employer: World’s biggest online platform is leveraging AI /ML to help millions of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfill a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick-ass engineering culture!
Year after year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. They will soon double to amount of countries on their platform, leading to an ever-increasing demand for new systems, cool features, leveraging AI/ML, and a continuous search to improve scalability and performance. So not only technical challenging but also future- and recession-proof!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving the trust, autonomy, and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge-sharing groups, open source contributions, and overall a super friendly and very expat friendly culture.
Your role: Staff Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
As a Staff Java Software Engineer Amsterdam, you will get the chance to work in one of their newly formed elite teams. Here you and your team will build several AI-driven products for their platform. Think of autocomplete recommendation systems, image recognition services, and many more! You will deal with designing the architecture and moving to cloud-native, and you are constantly exploring the limits of scalability. In short, you will never have a dull day here, and will remain challenging for years to come!
Because this is a fairly newly formed team, they want to grow this team even more next year. This gives you the opportunity to increase your circle of influence by onboarding, mentoring, and guiding newcomers to make an even bigger impact together.
Within this company, the growth opportunities are almost endless. Whether you want to grow technically into the role of a Software Architect, or want to grow into an Engineering Manager. Both are possible here! Are you no longer challenged within your team? No problem! Because switching within internal teams is also possible here. This keeps them challenged longer, and is why people continue to work here for years and years!
What is being asked?
- 8+ years of Software engineering experience with the JVM
- Experience in working in highly distributed environments
- Experience with Spark or Flink is a big plus
- Experience with messaging ques like Kafka or Pub/Sub is a plus
- Experience with cloud like GCP, AWS, or Azure is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL or Elasticsearch is a plus
- Proven track record with mentoring other engineers
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta degree, such as Computer Science
What is being offered?
- Between €85.000 and € 100.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 15% yearend bonus!
- + 15% stocks per year!
- Direct an indefinite contract!
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- Traveling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on gym membership
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
- After 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
So, as a Staff Java Software Engineer Amsterdam, do you want to work on AI-driven products that make an impact on millions of consumers?