Vacature Senior Platform Engineer Azure Amsterdam | Mission Critical Real-Time Global Monitoring Platform | Kubernetes, Elastic | €125.000+16%
Your job: Senior Platform Engineer Azure Amsterdam
- Would you love to have a major impact within the core global (azure) platform team for a leading global FinTech player implementing a very ambitious kafka/streaming data architecture with over 100 billion assets under management and hundreds of thousands of trades and over 2 million API request per day?
- Do you like to work on the main heavily distributed monitoring platform with over 2TB of data, where you are responsible for running all monitoring tools (also security) for the entire global organisation and helping over 50 dev teams?
- How about receiving up to 16% yearend bonus, 4 days working from home and large training and certification budgets?
Then, my friend, this is your job!
Your employer: Leading Data-Driven Global FinTech Player Implementing Innovative Streaming Data Architecture
This ambitious global FinTech player has an amazing impact on the global economy, with over 100 billion in assets under management and 2 million API calls on their systems per day. Hundreds of thousands of institutions and consumer customers from all over the world count on their broad range of financial products for monetary success.
At the heart of this is your monitoring platform team, where you get your delivery end-to-end visibility into the health and security of the trading platforms towards dev & infra teams, SRE’s operators and support staff, in near real-time! With over 2 TBs of daily data (and growing) going through the platform, you can imagine the challenges ahead!
Their culture is non-hierarchical, offering you impactful work, modern technology, lots of freedom, autonomy and responsibility with some of the best work/life balance in the industry! With most of your work which you can do from home. With only 1 day per week working from the office!
Your role: Senior Platform Engineer Azure Amsterdam
As Senior Platform Engineer Azure Amsterdam you will play a fundamental role within the entire organisation, as you and your passionate colleagues are responsible for delivering full end-to-end visibility into the health and security of the main trading and fraud detection platform.
You will get to run all monitoring tools for the entire organisation, impacting hundreds of people! You get to work on a highly available and automated data platform for collecting, storing, analysing and alerting on applications and infrastructure telemetry. Seamless and automated onboarding of new telemetry data sources across a varied tech stack on-prem and in the cloud, and integrate other software delivery and service management tooling.
Where you get to build custom operations in Kubernetes, extending what is possible. Elastic plays a fundamental role in the ambitious company strategy, you will help to mature the Kubernetes platform for this technology while getting to rethink the data collection pipelines and choosing entirely new technology for this. A very technically challenging and innovative refreshing position!
If you get bored easily, it is safe to say here you can look forward to years and years of interesting and challenging work.
What is required?
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Azure or another public cloud vendor like GCP or AWS
- Thorough Linux knowledge and experience
- Experience working on highly distributed systems/environments
- Experience with Python, Shell, Bash or another scripting language
- Deep Kubernetes (and Helm charts) experience and a keen interest in delving deeper into its possibilities
- Experience with setting up monitoring tooling, like Prometheus
- Strong automation (IaC) experience, Terraform/Ansible+Azure DevOps experience is a big plus
- Completes Bachelor or Master’s degree in Systems Engineer or similar is a plus
- Experience with streaming data, and Kafka in particular is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus
What if offered?
- Between €110.000 and €125.000 per year based on experience and added value
- Up to 16% yearend bonus!
- Be able to work from home (from the Netherlands)
- Able to work 40, 36 and 32 hours
- Solid pension
- Large training budget
- 27 holidays
Are you the Senior Platform Engineer Azure Amsterdam that enjoys helping 25 dev teams into the wonderful world of streaming data while building a cutting-edge data platform while earning up to €165.600 per year?