Vacature Senior Node.JS/Typescript Backend Engineer Utrecht | Scalable Greenfield Challenges at Cloud Native Fintech Scale-Up | AWS Serverless, Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture | €85,000
Vacancy: Senior Node.JS/Typescript Backend Engineer Utrecht
- Do you want end-to-end ownership over disruptive Fintech products and to lay the foundation to become the largest payment tech organization in Europe?
- Do you thrive in a true engineering culture with inspiring technical management, fast decision-making cycles, literally no hierarchy, infinite innovation possibilities, freedom, and maximum autonomy?
- Would you like to sink your teeth into the architecture/design of brand new, scalable, and secure microservices and features within modern AWS-Serverless infrastructure?
- Do you like 30 vacation days, remote working options, the opportunity to work abroad for a few weeks, an unlimited training and conference budget, and the potential for career growth to lead, principal, or architect?
Then keep reading, this is your job!
Your employer: This Fintech scale-up is disrupting the European payments market!
A successful group of tech entrepreneurs with a wealth of Fintech expertise has a mission to become the largest in Europe within their domain in a disruptive way. Recently, they have attracted several brilliant tech talents and have ambitious new building projects on the roadmap. They now need you to tackle these significant technical challenges!
The 100% international engineering culture is driven by inspiring technical management and is experienced as open, friendly, and informal. Here, you can enjoy fast decision cycles, inspiring knowledge-sharing sessions, maximum autonomy, and no hierarchy. The mindset here is that the best engineers perform optimally with freedom and responsibility, and you are continually encouraged to come up with innovative ideas.
This is the moment to join because you can help scale to large European countries, transition to Event-Driven Architecture, and make critical optimizations to the core product! In a few years, you can look back and say that you were the one who laid the foundation for the most successful Fintech product company in Europe!
Your role: Senior Node.JS/Typescript Backend Engineer Utrecht
As a Senior Node.JS/Typescript Backend Engineer Utrecht, you have the opportunity to build the core API with Node.JS/Typescript within AWS-Serverless infrastructure, laying the foundation for conquering Europe! Here, you have end-to-end responsibility, so you can dive into architecture & design, run your code in AWS, build CI/CD pipelines, and continuously create new features that have a direct impact on end-users.
Because thousands of concurrent users use the server, and payment traffic must never fail, scalability, security, and performance are crucial, and you can solve these exciting challenges! In addition to the backend, you have the freedom to improve your Cloud skills, and as the company continues to grow, there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement: lead, principal, or architect, you can become any of these here!
What is required?
- 4+ years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with Node.JS & Typescript
- Experience in a modern Cloud/Microservices environment
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Proactive and polyglot mindset
- A technical bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent demonstrated work level
- Experience with AWS (Serverless) is a significant plus
- Experience with React is a plus
- Experience with message queue systems like SQS and Event-Bridge is a plus
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture and DDD is a plus
- Experience with end-to-end delivery is a plus
- Experience with architecture and design is a plus
- Experience in the Fintech industry is a plus
- Experience with security, cryptography, encryption, and compliance are pluses
- Experience in a start/scale-up environment is a plus
What is offered?
- Gross annual salary between €65,000 and €85,000 based on experience and added value
- 30 vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- Many remote opportunities
- Opportunity to work abroad for a few weeks each year
- Travel allowance: NS-business card or €0.21/KM
- Generous training and conference budget
- Pension plan
- Free lunch
- Beautiful office and free parking options!
- Team outings and sports events
- Growth opportunities to lead, principal, or architect
Do you want to shape the future of this Fintech scale-up and make an impact in AWS-Serverless, Event-Driven Architecture?