Vacature Senior Node.JS Backend Engineer Amsterdam | Scalable Cloud Native B2C E-Commerce Platform | Typescript, AWS, GraphQL, Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture | €85,000 + Permanent Contract
Your job: Senior Node.JS Backend Engineer Amsterdam
- Does the idea of making a significant impact on millions of people across Europe through a key role within a scalable, Cloud Native B2C E-Commerce platform excite you?
- Are you drawn to a tech-first engineering culture that has won multiple awards for proven employee satisfaction due to personalized growth plans, full autonomy, ample freedom, significant input, and no hierarchy and bureaucracy?
- Do amazing benefits like 27 (+10 if needed!) vacation days, 2 months of working outside the Netherlands each year, profit-sharing, remote work options, unlimited training and conference budgets, and an immediate permanent contract appeal to you?
If so, read on, this is your job!
Your Employer: Building Innovative SaaS Product for Millions!
This 100% tech company was founded by innovative Dutch entrepreneurs with a vision to always put employee happiness on #1. The vision is paying off, as they have become a major player, making global impact. Currently, there are substantial challenges within the core e-Commerce SaaS-platform that can bring happiness to millions of people across Europe – and you can be a part of it!
The unique engineering culture hasn’t gone unnoticed, garnering them multiple awards. There’s no hierarchy or bureaucracy here, and the cross-functional engineering teams have full autonomy and end-to-end responsibility. Additionally, an international, informal atmosphere prevails, where everyone feels free and heard, and is continually motivated to become the best version of themselves. Naturally, employees are happier here!
Their generous secondary benefits make working even better. You’ll have an immediate permanent contract, profit-sharing, a laptop & phone, remote work options, unlimited training and conference budgets, and the opportunity to work outside the Netherlands for 2 months per year (see below for all benefits!).
Your Role: Senior Node.JS Backend Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior Node.JS Backend Engineer Amsterdam, you have a unique opportunity to build at the core of the most crucial E-Commerce SaaS platform. Within their super agile environment and Event-Driven Architecture, you’ll have full ownership over architecture, design, and implementation, collaborating with highly experienced and smart engineers.
Within the highly scalable platform, you’ll craft innovative microservices and features while optimizing the core API. This involves learning to prioritize scalability, performance, optimization, and 24/7 availability, as these factors are crucial with thousands of concurrent users. There are also exciting challenges within the payment team that you can tackle!
Tech stack: Node.JS, Typescript, AWS Serverless, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Kafka, PostgreSQL, NoSQL.
Within their cross-functional teams, you are free to broaden your skills horizontally (Cloud, DevOps, Front-end). There are also opportunities for growth into lead, architect, or Product Owner roles, allowing you to enhance your mentoring skills.
- 4+ years of professional backend engineering experience
- Experience with Node.JS and Typescript (backend)
- Experience with Cloud and Microservices
- Strong communication skills
- A technical bachelor’s and/or master’s degree or demonstrated an equivalent level of thinking
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL and Kafka are pluses
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture and DDD are pluses
- Experience with DevOps (CI/CD Automation, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with architecture, design, and mentoring is a plus
- Experience with E-Commerce and E-commerce tools (Algolia & PIM) are pluses
- Salary between €70,000 and €85,000 gross per year based on expertise and added value
- 27 vacation days + 10 (if needed)
- Unlimited training and conference budget
- Good pension plan
- Laptop & mobile phone
- Remote work options
- Possibility to work outside the Netherlands for 2 months
- Travel allowance
- Expense allowance of €90 per month
- Fitness allowance of €10 per month
- Personal development plan + unlimited growth opportunities
- IND registration and visa sponsorship (NOTE: it is required that you already live in The Netherlands)
- Immediate permanent contract!
Do you want to bring happiness to millions of people across Europe in a 100% tech-driven organization where you as an engineer are always at the forefront?