Vacature Senior Java Software Engineer Utrecht | Working on varied and technically advanced projects | Java12, Spring, Microservices, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD, TDD | Salary up to € 79.056 + 2 months bonus + car
Vacancy: Senior Java Software Engineer Utrecht
- Do you think it’s cool to do a variety of projects in your region?
- What do you think of an organization that mainly works in environments around Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile?
- Do you want to work with modern technology such as Java12, Microservices, DDD, Axon, Spring Boot, Gradle, Git, NoSQL, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Cloud.
- Do you also think freedom is so important, where you determine your own working hours and projects?
Then we have the job for you!
Your employer: The ultimate technological playground for the Java Software Engineer.
We are dealing with a special club of passionate craftsmen. Here you can indulge your technological heart. The real Java Software Engineer will find the ultimate playground here. The fact that, since its foundation years ago, no one has ever left and underlies the stability of the group of experienced engineers.
The organization specializes in developing high-quality and robust software for their customers. Custom-made solutions are built here, mostly around high performance, scalability and high availability. Furthermore, people also participate in tech startups and technology companies, which have challenges related to time to market or technical innovation. These are mostly greenfield projects. Due to the very high level of knowledge of the organization, customers also asked to provide advice on the most complex technical issues surrounding DevOps, Continuous delivery and Automated testing. The demand for their services is currently so high that you, as a Senior Java Software Engineer, can Cherry-pick which job you want to do. Don’t you like it or do you just want something different after a while? No problem. The employee is leading to EVERYTHING!
You can really compare them to a friends club of craftsmen with all the same passion for their craft. With weekends away where it’s all about the shared passion, hacking together and sharing knowledge, but above all a lot of fun. Because this is definitely number one. All your colleagues are what you can call true polyglot software engineers. With all a deep-rooted passion for the JVM. This is what they excel at. The atmosphere can best be described as informal and knowledge-driven and, above all, no large echoes.
Your role: Senior Java Software Engineer Utrecht
In your role as Senior Java Software Engineer Utrecht you play a leading role in the projects that you do together with your colleagues. You help leading organizations move forward with high quality software. That way you can share knowledge and uphold standards. You mainly work on greenfield projects where you determine the technology choice. For example, you can work with Java12, Docker, AWS, Axon, DDD, Spring Boot, ElasticSearch and NoSQL to deliver Enterprise grade software. In the meantime, you help the customer to professionalize their own software environment by, for example, introducing TDD, Continuous Delivery and Automated Testing.
The projects have somewhat longer lead times. Think of 12 months to 2 years. This way you get enough time to really make an impact on what you do and there is no question of hit and run. In the meantime, a lot is being invested in you. You can enjoy a €5000 training budget plus 5 full days that you can spend to go to seminars and meetings. Build up a study debt? They don’t do that. But working from home for 1 or sometimes 2 days is absolutely no problem. You have never seen so much freedom, flexibility and quality together.
What is being asked?
- Minimum 5 years of professional Java Software engineering experience
- Experience with Java8 + is an advantage
- Experience with Kotlin and / or Scala is an advantage
- Experience with Spring (Boot, Cloud)
- Experience with Gradle, Maven and Git is a plus
- Experience with Docker, CQRS and / or Axon is an advantage
- Experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch, AWS or REST is a plus
- Experience with DevOps, CI / CD and TDD is a plus
- You know how to combine pleasure and quality.
What is offered?
- Salary between €68.688 and €79.056 per year depending on knowledge and experience
- Mobility allowance of €800 per month on top of your salary
- Possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- Bonus between 1 and 2 months salary on top of your salary
- Excellent pension plan
- 28 vacation days
- Working from home 1 or 2 days in consultation
- Company mobile phone, also for private use
- €5.000 training budget
- 5 training days
- Weekends, joint dinners
- Hackatons, knowledge sharing, humor
- Friends for life
Do you want to make a difference at this club of craftsmen, within technically complex issues as a Senior Java Software Engineer?