Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Lots Of Impact Possible at Very Successful FinTech Scale-Up! | Java 17, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Cassandra & Kafka Streaming | €93.000 + 1 month bonus
Vacancy: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Would you like to work (4 days at home!) for an Amsterdam-based dynamic FinTech Scaleup where you can really make an impact?
- Do you like to create unique insights for companies through streaming data event-driven architectures?
- Would you like to build a scalable SaaS API platform through which 20% of ALL financial data flows through, allowing other companies to innovate even faster?
- Do you like working within a 100% tech company with an appropriate engineering culture: mature processes, automated delivery pipelines, high level of knowledge of the engineers, no legacy (brand new codebase) and solid SRE teams?
Don’t wait any longer, because then this is the job for you!
Your employer: You really can make an impact at this very successful FinTech Scale-Up!
This medium-sized FinTech Scaleup from Amsterdam is very successful with its innovative SaaS API platform. Founded by one of the most esteblished FinTech players in Europe, they were first movers in financial streaming-data. So they have a direct impact on financial innovation throughout Europe!
The uniqueness of this medium-sized tech scale-up is that it gets the best of both worlds: All the maturity in security and financial processes of what you would expect from an established organization, but with the flexibility, speed, intimacy, autonomy and of a medium-sized organization where you can still call each other by name.
Plus level of delivery pipelines, high knowledge of the engineers, no legacy (brand new codebase) and modern stack all in the cloud. In short, build quality software and gain ownership over the entire development lifecycle.
In addition, you get the chance to develop yourself T-shaped in areas that really matter to you. Here you can orientate yourself outside of Backend development on, for example, containerization/cloud, Frontend, data engineering, security or even business-oriented problems. Because they (still) have a fairly small development team, you can also make a lot of impact in how the company develops, so you can stay challenged here for years and years.
Their Stack: Java 17, Spring Boot, Docker/K8s, AWS, Cassandra & Kafka Streaming
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you will have the opportunity to make the successful platform even more scalable and resilient. You work closely with the business and can contribute a lot of innovation. Make a real impact!
Due to a growth in streaming and the number of customers, there is permanent challenge about resilience, scalability and continuity. Here you can adopt event-driven architectures and move on to fully cloud-native. You don’t have to know everything, as you can learn a lot here!
Because there really is a DevOps mentality within the teams, you have maximum impact on what you build, and therefore on the end users. And that also on large-scale systems, developed with tech such as Java 17, Spring Boot, AWS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka.
In the short term, you can create new very disruptive products here that only strengthen their proposition, AND that will be built from scratch! So a great opportunity to bring services and functionalities to the level that already has a lot of load (nice feed feedback on your work!), design and build the new services!
Looking at the great potential on a global scale of the systems you work on, the strong growth of the organization and their market attracts enormously, you can really grow with the organization and form the foundation for further growth.
You can specialize in the width, but roles such as Tech Lead or Architect are also ahead, although you can also grow horizontally and pick up more from DevOps/Cloud or Data Engineering. Here you will be challenged for decades to come!
What is being asked?
- 4+ years of professional development experience with Java (11+)
- A high-quality product mindset
- You like to work closely on the business
- A completed BSc MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL like Cassandra or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Kafka Streaming is a big plus
- Experience with Spring Boot in a Microservices architecture is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between €80.000 and €93.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Bonus of €5.000 to €10.000 per year on top of your salary!
- Remote working (4 days a week!)
- 25 vacation days + possibility to buy 10 extra days
- Excellent pension (11% paid by employer!)
- Work 32, 36, or 40 hours a week
- Travel card/allowance
- Every 2 years €450 reimbursement for your phone
- Laptop or Macbook
- €60 per month work from home allowance
- €2.000 training budget per year
As a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam, do you want to help companies innovate through the valuable insights you provide?