Vacature Senior Frontend Engineer Amsterdam | Remote First | Make a big impact on one of the most used tech platforms in the Benelux | React, TypeScript, Node, TDD | € 85.000,- + 15% bonus + stock options + permanent contract
Your job: Senior Frontend Engineer Amsterdam | Remote First
- Would you like to work on a large scale & complexity on one of the most important mission critical systems of one of the most impactful online platforms in the Benelux (millions of end users)?
- Do you like to work in a tech-driven, highly tangible product organization that tens of millions of unique users use every month?
- What about working in a rapidly evolving Microservices architecture where you can deploy multiple times daily and get immediate feedback on your work?
- Do you say yes to a direct permanent contract, 15% bonus, stock options, working from home (only 5 days per quarter in the office), flexible working hours, and working 20 days from abroad without having to use vacation days?
Is your heart already starting to beat faster from this? Then this is your chance!
Your employer: One of the most used Online Platforms in the Benelux with tens of millions of monthly users!
This is one of the most widely used online tech platforms in the Benelux, with tens of millions of monthly end users, a high quality engineering culture, business and tech in multidisciplinary teams, and deploying your code several times a day. You’ll always work closely with the business, get a lot of freedom and autonomy and have a huge impact. As part of one of the largest online networks in Europe, you are part of a powerhouse of innovation, scale, and knowledge sharing.
At the moment a very interesting period has arrived! Incredible innovation budgets are being put into upgrading systems for years to come, building teams, revamping architecture, and upgrading the stack with an incredible amount of new construction. That is why it is so interesting for you to join this Rocketship now!
In the meantime, you can enjoy everything you can expect from a very stable and successful tech organization with an audience of millions such as autonomous teams, stock options, a permanent contract, flexible working hours, only 5 days a quarter to the office, large training budgets, a lot of knowledge sharing and working together with very passionate and experienced software engineers.
Your role: Senior Frontend Engineer Amsterdam | Remote First
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will become part of one of the multidisciplinary teams, which also includes the business, where you will work on mission critical systems (from scratch). You will also have the opportunity to mentor/coach more junior developers, help improve workflows and processes, and think about architectural decisions. With more than 200 deployments per day, you’ll see an immediate impact (and feedback) of your hard work!
With the team and the business, your frontend solutions ensure a smooth and secure course of all financial transactions within one of the most impactful online platforms in the Benelux (millions of end users)!
You also have a lot of impact on the front end strategy for the long term by continuously improving the workflows & processes with your knowledge. Well, THAT is impact within one of the most impactful online platforms in the Benelux!
Because the organization is in a major transition and growing steadily, you can look forward to significant career growth. This way you can grow into a tech lead, domain architect, or engineering management. In addition, there is always room to go to one of the many other teams, so you will find a challenge here for the coming years and years!
Tech stack: React (with Hooks) & SSR, TypeScript, Node, Webpack, Microservices environment & migration to AWS on the schedule. In addition, you can have a lot of input into the stack, through your creative ideas and research into the best new tech.
What is being asked?
- 5+ years of professional experience with React/TypeScript in production
- Experience in (large) distributed systems
- Experience working on scalable Frontend solutions
- Strong product/TDD mindset
- Proactive attitude & strong communication
- Experience with Node & Webpack is nice to have
- A finished education in Computer Science or similar is a big plus
- You live in the Netherlands (or want to relocate)!
What is on offer?
- A gross salary between € 75,000 and € 85,000 based on experience and added value
- +15% end-of-year bonus (which has always been paid out for the last 10 years!)
- Permanent contract from the start!
- Only working in the office 5 days a quarter
- Flexible working hours
- 26 vacation days
- Working 20 days from abroad without using vacation days
- Training budget, language courses & personal development plan
- Freedom to go to seminars
- Full compensation for travel expenses
- Great office facilities
- The best-in-class hardware!
- Office massages
- Visa Sponsorship can be provided
Do you, as a Senior Frontend Engineer Amsterdam, already see yourself making an impact within one of the most used Online Platforms in the Benelux, with tens of millions of monthly users?