Vacature Senior Backend Engineer Utrecht | Kotlin & Java | High Available & High Throughput Greenfield product development | Kotlin, Kafka, Ktor, Docker, Cloud | € 115.000 + stock options
Vacancy: Senior Backend Engineer Utrecht
- Would you like to work at a well-funded start-up/scale-up founded by gurus from the Dutch FinTech industry?
- Would you also like to be part of the founding team of this rising star?
- Do you want to contribute to the development of a mission critical, high available, high throughput platform with various different services, mostly greenfield?
- How about cracking non-trivial, highly complex coding puzzles alongside the brightest minds in the region, using modern technologies like Kotlin, Ktor, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, TDD, and DDD? Do you enjoy earning up to € 115.000 base salary + stock options, with the opportunity to quickly grow into a technical lead as a senior?
Don’t wait any longer, this is your chance!
Your employer: Engineering Heavy Product Start-Up building disruptive FinTech services from scratch!
Fintech and managing the ever-evolving financial system, especially automation capabilities, are becoming increasingly important in today’s world! How can you ensure that the financial infrastructure scales securely with the ever-increasing demands of customers? These are challenges that small, medium, and even larger companies must solve in our modern times. And this is precisely what this start-up solves. With their highly distributed, mission critical, high available, and high throughput cutting-edge platform. So successful that the load on their systems grows month after month. And this is just the beginning!
With two absolute gurus from the Dutch FinTech industry, both in engineering and product development, solid funding, and a product that solves a clear problem in the FinTech sector, this tech disruptor is poised to become the next big thing in FinTech! The great thing is they already have to pay customers launching soon! And now is a fantastic time to join! Getting in now means truly being part of the founding team!
So, working here offers the best of both worlds! A small-scale tech company in Utrecht where you can have a major impact on the further development of their systems, the company’s growth, and the culture, with the support of a globally operating tech company backed by some of the world’s largest tech investors!
The culture here is everything an engineer dreams of. This is a technical environment, so most of your colleagues are also tech enthusiasts. With plenty of room to try out new tech, attend conferences, share ideas, and grow personally. Led by inspiring technical management with a strong technical background. Here, as an engineer, you will be understood 100%!
Your role: Senior Backend Engineer Utrecht
In your role as a Senior Backend Engineer in Utrecht, you play a fundamental role in the further development of this start-up and its cutting-edge fintech platform. The products developed here are all non-trivial, highly distributed, and high throughput solutions that run 24/7 without downtime! Talk about a challenge!
As a Senior Backend Engineer in Utrecht, there is ample opportunity to have an impact on the roadmap and introduce new ways of doing things. There are many examples of engineers driving innovation in the company. As an engineer, you are at the core of the company and have the freedom to add value with your creativity!
To help you make the most out of your work, you can use the best of the best technologies such as Event-Driven Architecture, DDD, TDD, GCP, Kotlin, Ktor, PostGres, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Gitlab CI. Although these technologies are always changing, they have a true polyglot engineering mindset, always seeking the best ways to solve challenges!
The start-up/scale-up nature of the company and the codebase, which provides the opportunity to work with a new codebase without legacy systems. The importance of fundamental technical principles like clean coding, design patterns, and TDD (Test-Driven Development) is highlighted.
The company, emphasizes that it is engineer-dominated and offers a unique career path in the region. Software engineers can grow their careers without having to transition into management roles. Possible career progressions mentioned are Staff Engineer, Senior Staff Engineer, and even Principal/Evangelist positions.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional software engineering experience.
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred)
- Solid knowledge of computer science principles, data structures, and algorithms
- Eperience with modern backend languages like Kotlin and/or Java, a TDD/high-quality product mindset.
- Experience with system design, strong communication and teamwork skills, experience in designing, building, and executing distributed and flexible backend systems, and experience in Kotlin is a plus.
The offered benefits
- A salary ranging from € 85.000 to €115.000 based on experience and impact
- Stock options
- 25 vacation days
- working from a beautiful office at Utrecht CS (Central Station).
- a MacBook Pro.
Do you want to rack your brains on global FinTech challenges, boosting our global economy with some of the best tech minds in the world?