Vacature Senior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam | Successful Product Scale-Up | Positive Impact on Tech Adoption of Hundreds of Thousands Software Engineers | Golang, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Pub Sub, Kafka, GraphQL | €95.000 + 5% bonus + relocation package
Your Job: Senior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam
- Do you like to build greenfield, heavy-load tech that enables the learning and growth of hundreds of thousands of software engineers from the world’s most famous tech companies?
- How about scaling a load of backend systems from thousands to ten thousand events per second and working with techs such as Golang, AWS, GCP, Pub-Sub, Kubernetes, and Kafka?
- Do you like an innovative engineering culture with an impact on architecture/design, a lot of autonomy, and fast decision cycles at one of the fastest-growing tech scale-ups?
- Do you say yes to multidisciplinary knowledge sharing sessions every 2 weeks that keep you up to date on the latest tech and areas such as cloud-native, AI, and sustainability?
Sounds good right? Read on, this job is what you have been waiting for!
Your job: Radically enables the adoption of technology for leading global tech companies
This success story started as an experiment within the most famous software engineering hub in the Netherlands. Their genius idea of building technology that would allow other software engineers to grow by enabling and sharing new technology more quickly was directly successful. In a relatively short time this tech scale-up now has the best software engineers from the most famous software companies as their customers. How cool is that? Help other software engineers grow! Like being a footballer and learning Lionel Messi to improve his free kicks.
Due to the success, the entrepreneurs quickly decided to set up their own company, under the wings of a very rich and successful software engineering company with some of the smartest minds working there. Because the rest of the world is increasingly discovering the power of the new to the world product, this tech scale-up is growing immensely and the load on the backend systems is continuously increasing. Because of this, the plan is to double in size this year!
Working here means being part of an international family with a real engineering culture. The organizational structure is flat, so you have a daily impact on architecture & design. Fast decision-making cycles, a lot of autonomy, direct communication with knowledgeable managers and cool colleagues is what you will find here.
In their true engineering culture, they believe that investing in their people is the key to success. That is why they have fantastic facilities and conditions: a beautiful office in Amsterdam, €5.000 training budget, 5% end-of-year bonus and many home working options. The USP: every 2 weeks multidisciplinary knowledge sharing sessions organized by the parent company, so that you are always aware of the latest tech and can learn in areas such as cloud-native, AI and sustainability.
Your role: Senior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam, you can focus on making the product mature and ready for global adoption. Their action-packed roadmap contains many greenfield challenges that you can sink your teeth into for years to come! And you can commit to scaling up the backend systems, where the goal is to go from thousands to ten thousand events per second. In addition, there is a major challenge for you to make the product SaaS so that the rest of the world can also experience the success formula.
Since the best software engineers from famous tech companies are critical, they strive for perfection. This means that they continuously look at how concurrency, latency, performance, security, and availability can be improved. On top of that, you build technology that these engineers will learn, so you’ll always have an edge in discovering the latest tech!
Given the planned doubling this year, now is the perfect time to get in! You can be that crucial link who, in a few years’ time, will be lead/architect in charge of one of the most famous software companies in the Netherlands.
What is required?
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- Professional experience with Golang and a solid understanding of concurrency
- Product development and high-quality mindset
- Experience within a modern cloud/microservices environment
- Experience with GCP is a plus
- A technical bachelor’s or master’s is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with streaming data technologies such as Kafka or Pub Sub is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform is a plus
What is on offer?
- Between €70.000 and €95.000 gross per year based on knowledge and experience
- + 5% year-end bonus
- Big relocation package (for people from outside the Netherlands)
- Ability to work 40 or 36 hours
- Many home working options
- €5000 training budget per year
- Multidisciplinary knowledge sharing sessions with the smartest engineers every 2 weeks!
- 6 training days per year
- The best hardware you can find
- Travel allowance
- Great office + facilities
Do you enjoy having a positive impact on the learning & growth of the best software engineers worldwide by helping to scale heavy load backend systems?