Vacature Principal Java Backend Engineer Amsterdam | Facilitate the Microservices Migration of the Fastest Growing Consumer SaaS tech Company on the planet | € 135.300
Your job: Principal Java Backend Engineer Amsterdam \ Java Staff Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you want to play a fundamental role in the further technological development of one of the most inspiring tech stories of the Amsterdam tech scene?
- Do you want the chance to jump on a very successful, fast growing, globally operating, heavily used SAAS product similarly to Dropbox or Slack when they were only just a couple of hundred people?
- Are you a backend veteran with amazing skills designing, building and running mission critical, high-performance, distributed, fault-tolerant systems running on the public cloud?
- Do you enjoy working on greenfield projects where you need to figure out the architecture that will allow to scale further to millions with hundreds of thousand concurrent users?
- Do you love working within a fun and strong software engineering culture where you need to solve daily challenges that you can’t just google for?
Then wait no longer, this job is for you!
Your employer: Fastest growing consumer SaaS tech company on the planet!
This high profile tech scale-up in Amsterdam has had insane success ever since they opened their doors only a decade ago. They are building heavily used SAAS product massively adopted by enterprises and consumers alike! This product suite fulfills a key need in our daily age which will only grow in the future! In just over one year they moved from 10k concurrent user to well over 250k!!, and this will only increase exponentially! Which is why here you can find amazing engineering challenges, while working with some of the best minds from all over the world!
They are truly doing something when you think about that with only a couple of hundred people they have some of the biggest (tech) companies as their key clients. You have truly come to the right place if you like working for a high profile, data driven tech company where creating end user value is baked in their DNA, with lots of greenfield work still needs to be done and working on non-trivial technology used by hundreds of millions all over the world!
Currently they are building their Amsterdam office as their main global development center, which means you can not only help build software that all of your friends, family, (ex)colleagues and acquaintances use but also help shape the further development of the office, culture and best practices. They are heavily invested in open source projects, like giving back to the community and offer the chance for you to speak on their behalf on meetups, conferences and seminars.
We are now looking for senior, tech lead and principal level java backend engineers to join this amazing journey!
Your role: Principal Java Backend Engineer Amsterdam \ Java Staff Engineer Amsterdam
As a Principal Java Backend Engineer Amsterdam \ Java Staff Engineer Amsterdam you will play a fundamental role in driving the transition from a monolith to microservices set-up, for the fastest growing consumer SaaS tech company on the planet! If you are all about heavily distributed, mission critical, high-performance, fault tolerant systems this job has your name written all over it!
You will help to design and develop microservices architecture including service to service and client-server communications, users and services authentication and microservices chassis.
On top of this as Principal you will also get to contribute to the global technology roadmap and help maintain one of the best engineering cultures on the planet. Meaning your would get to speak on conferences, help shape the learning and development environment and overall impact the entire organization on a fundamental level.
Here you get to work with top notch, driven, expressive, product minded engineers that know the key fundamentals of how to build software that is used by millions. This job is for you if you love working within a data driven environment where you get loads of freedom and responsibility.
What is required?
- 10+ years of professional backend software engineering
- 8+ years of experience designing mission critical, heavily used, distributed, fault-tolerant high-performance backend systems
- Experience speaking on conferences, giving trainings and/or contributing to open source projects of scale
- Experience migrating from a monolith to a microservices set-up
- Strong Java/Spring Boot experience
- Strong experience with microservices related technologies like Kubernetes, services mesh, service discovery and API gateways
- Strong background in message brokers and peer-to-peer transport
- Excellent communicator
- Experience with mentorship and technical leadership
- Strong product development mindset
- Experience working on software products, SaaS would be a plus
- A BSc or MSc in computer science or similar is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 126.000 – 135.000 gross per year based on experience and added value
- Health insurance package for you and your family!
- Stock options
- € 300 per month for groceries
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Budget to create your best office at home
- 25 holiday days
- Good pension
- Great office facilities like lunch, snacks and amazing coffee
- Big training budget and possibilities to go to seminars and grow yourself
- Awesome company events + celebrations
- Inspiring office with great facilities!
Are you interested?