Vacature Principal Golang Developer Amsterdam | Help Build the Brand New Office of this Amazing Tech Company! | Golang, AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, ELK | up to € 100.000
Your job: Principal Golang Developer Amsterdams
- Are you passionate about working on systems that are used by millions of consumers all over the world?
- Would you love to help set up a brand new office in Amsterdam for one of the quickest growing consumer technology companies of the Netherlands?
- Are you all about sharing knowledge, agile processes, learning, growing and do you love a mature software engineering culture?
- How about a salary that can go up to € 100.000?
Wait no longer, this job is for you!
Your employer: Enabling millions of people all over the world in their mobility
This very successful mobile-first consumer technology company has grown to be a force to be reckoned with, challenging all the leaders in its industry. In numerous countries all over the world they are growing even faster than the number one brands. Currently, they already have over a million users on their systems and this number is growing with more than 15! percent per month!
That is why they have decided to set up their second European full autonomous development center to delve into the grand pool of awesome software engineering talent that Amsterdam has to offer. Their Amsterdam office will be tasked with building various highly innovative and heavily used parts of the platform and Amsterdam is targeted to be one of the most impactful development environments of the Netherlands. This is where you come in!
We are currently looking for multiple Principal and principal level backend software engineers that would love to be part of this amazing ride:
- Help build the best engineering culture and environment Amsterdam has even seen,
- Solving real-life challenges that add value to millions of people,
- Go to production multiple times per day, so get direct feedback on your work,
- Lots of greenfield challenges working with Golang, AWS, Kafka, ELK, Docker and Kubernetes,
- Working with very experienced and fun colleagues that are here for the ride too!
As a true technology company everything is tailored to be the most amazing environment for software engineers:
- Flexible working hours;
- working from home possibilities;
- autonomous teams;
- high caliber computer science educated colleagues;
- fully automated delivery pipelines;
- a continuous lookout for the best tech to work with;
- vast training budgets;
- contributing to open source projects and;
- offering great packages.
Your role: Principal Golang Developer Amsterdam
As Principal Golang Developer Amsterdam you will be part of the first backend engineers that will help shape the new office, poised to grow with hundreds in the coming years. You will be the pillars on which this growth will be built, so think about the potential for career growth!
You will have the chance to give training, help set up coding standards and best practices, speak on local conferences and of even blog. Of course if you are more somebody that “just” enjoys building amazing software, you will also not be disappointed! The systems you will work on handle very heavy loads.
Here as Principal Golang Developer Amsterdam you will help with the transition to a microservices architecture and will be fundamental in building various greenfield systems, for example on pricing and fraud.
As the organization is growing you will have the chance to grow into the role of Chapter Lead.
What is required?
- A minimum of 8 years of professional development experience
- Multiple years of experience building systems that handle a lot a of request per second
- A good communicator and team player
- You are someone that loves to keep up to date with the latest technology and standards
- You are someone that loves to share knowledge and invest in yourself
- A clean coding mentality and able to write and run your own code
- Professional experience with Golang, Python, Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL solutions
- Experience with queuing technology
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with Kafka, ELK stack, Docker or Kubernetes would be pluses
- Experience with transitions from monolith to microservices would be a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 80.000 and € 100.000
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Big training budget to do courses, go to meetups or seminars
- 25 holidays
Are you a passionate Principal+ backend engineer with a keen interest in Golang, building systems that process massive amounts of request and you would love to be part of this amazing success story?