Vacature Medior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam | Heavy Load B2C Global Streaming Platform with 50.000 Concurrent Users | Golang, Postgres, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, GraphQL | €75.000 + 100% remote + relocation package
Your job: Medior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam
- Do you enjoy making the lives of millions of people around the world (including your friends and family) more fun and better every day?
- Do you like the freedom to work 100% remotely and be able to work all over the world for 4 months, a big relocation package, enjoy a flat hierarchy, endless innovation opportunities, and learn from the best engineers out there?
- Do you enjoy scaling up a platform with already 50.000 concurrent users at peak times with tech such as Golang, Serverless, Kubernetes, and Kafka?
Then read on, this is your job!
Your employer: Make an Impact with High Tech Global Streaming Entertainment Platform!
This highly successful, growing B2C tech company with a global customer base has a clear vision: to make a global impact within streaming entertainment so that the lives of millions of people become more fun and easier. For years they have been one of the largest players in very tangible product development within a rapidly innovating market.
Even though they are medium in size, the platform already handles 40 to 50k concurrent users at peak times. This can only increase, and you can sink your teeth into it! Due to the huge demand for the product, you are needed to make them the largest streaming entertainment platform in the world. Here you have the unique combination of global impact on millions of people and still know all your colleagues by name!
Their international and informal corporate culture has a remote-first policy, so you have the freedom to work wherever you want! You can even work anywhere in the world for 4 months! You can also work at their beautiful office in Amsterdam. And if you move here from outside the Netherlands, you will receive a large relocation package! Here they believe that the smartest engineers excel if they are given freedom so that they can contribute ideas about architecture and design and there are self-managing teams with a lot of autonomy. Most innovations here come from the engineering team through close collaboration with the business in multidisciplinary teams!
Your role: Medior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam
In your role as Medior Backend Engineer Golang Amsterdam, you can work in different teams, so you can choose from different solutions. For example, you can work on their elite core streaming engine, build cool features on their platform or deploy several brand new microservices. Due to the huge demand for the product, there are major challenges in scaling the backend systems, concurrency, latency, and the mission critical systems must be available 24/7.
Here you work in multidisciplinary teams with a lot of mutual knowledge exchange. One goal is to move to Serverless. This gives you the freedom to help with this if you think it’s cool to improve your cloud skills in addition to the backend! Here you get a lot of room to innovate, so you could also work with Rust for good reasons.
Their challenging roadmap includes a plan to double in size in the coming years, so there are many opportunities for growth.
What is required?
- 2+ years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with Golang
- Experience within a modern cloud/microservice environment
- Being able to think along about architecture and design is a plus
- A technical bachelor’s or master’s is a plus
- Experience with scalable product building is a plus
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Serverless is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with Rust is a plus
What is on offer?
- €60.000 to €75.000 gross per year, based on experience and added value
- Freedom to work 100% remotely or in the office!
- Ability to work remotely all over the world for up to 4 months
- Ability to work 40, 36, or 32 hours
- Travel allowance
- 25 vacation days + flexibility in including public holidays
- After 3 years working here 10 extra vacation days per year, after 4 years 15 and after 5 years 20!
- Laptop or Macbook
- Generous training and conference budget
- Dutch lessons (if you want)
- Big relocation package + help with finding a home
Do you want to make a global impact by making millions of people happier every day and playing a crucial role within a heavy load streaming platform?