Vacature Medior Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin | Greenfield High Performance Backend System from Scratch Handling Over 1 billion request per day! | Kotlin, GCP, Kubernetes | € 68.000
Your job: Medior Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
- Would you love the chance work on a greenfield brand new highly scalable, performance and available online technology from scratch, to process half a billion request per day?
- Do you enjoy working closely with some of the brightest minds in the distributed/Cloud systems development industry and be able to learn from them?
- Would you love to work with Kotlin (can be learned here!), GCP and Kubernetes?
- How about getting all the benefits of working for a lean and mean start-up, but under the protected wings of a super financial healthy mother company with big clients, resources, great benefits, knowledge and office facilities?
Then wait no longer, this is your job!
Your employer: Building some of the most performance online technology the world has ever seen!
Online has always been an ever growing market and due to the global situation this has only led to even more insane growth! For years this energetic Amsterdam based tech company has capitalized on this development by helping their clients maximize the potential of online.
Their culture is one that is driven by curiosity, innovation, continuous learning (big training budgets and facilities), passion for quality and fun! As they are middle sized you are big enough to work with amazing clients and really make an impact, but still small enough that you feel you are part of something special and you can build strong relationships with all of your colleagues. Year on year they have been growing successfully!
They are now gearing up for further success by building their very own online technology platform, which will be processing over half a billion request per day! You will be targeting a very specify niche which is in great demand, with clients that are already lining up.
We have already hired the senior backend and frontend engineers, which is why there is room to hire a medior backend engineer. If you want work on greenfield product development, learn from the best and work with modern tech this is for you!
Your role: Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
As Medior Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin you have the amazing chance to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry of distributed system development and to design and build a greenfield product, which will process up to 1 billion events per day!
Together you are tasked with the design, architecting and development of their brand new online technology platform, and then to further build the tea! Allowing you to have a big impact on the further development of the success of the company and look forward to lots of personal and career growth.
Here you can work on/learn more of highly available, highly scalable and high performance systems, to be built within a microservices architecture with Kotlin, GCP and Kubernetes. The rest you and your team can work your magic on: evolving the stack, build the MVP and then develop that platform into maturity.
As the product and company grows you will be able to grow into a senior backend engineering position.
What is required?
- A minimum of 2 years of professional backend development experience
- Solid experience with one or more JVM languages
- Eager to work with Kotlin
- Experience with building API’s and experience having worked within a cloud environment
- Experience building business logic
- A completed Beta Bachelor education or higher (or demonstrated similar working experience)
- Experience working with heavy load systems is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with GCP is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 50.000 and € 68.000 gross per year, based on experience and added value
- + Yearend bonus
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- Solid pension
- 25 holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Catered lunches
- Solid budget for training, going to conferences and buying books
Interested to build high performance backend systems from scratch while learning from some of the coolest people in the industry?