Vacature Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam | Heavy Load Backend Systems | Lead an Elite Team of Backend Engineers to Process Billions of Messages per day! | Kotlin, CQRS, GCP, Cassandra, Kubernetes | € 99.000 + Permanent contract
Vacancy: Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love working on highly tangible mission critical heavily used consumer backend systems that process billions of messages for hundreds of millions of people from all over the world?
- Would you love leading an autonomous agile squad of highly skilled backend engineers while enjoying lots of freedom, autonomy and responsibility?
- How about enjoying great benefits like a permanent contract, child day care paid, 4 weeks per year working abroad remote, big training budgets and amazing office facilities?
Sounds like a cool job? Be sure to read on!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of millions online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services they fulfill a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. So if you love sustainability, building tangible solutions and working for a famous organization this is for you!
For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick ass engineering culture with a lot of responsibility and freedom: You write it, you run it! They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving the trust, autonomy and freedom to take off. Innovation is mainly driven by the development teams, which you will always have a lot of room to keep the business sharp with all the new possibilities of innovation!
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation this has only increased. They have will soon double to amount of countries on their platform, leading to an ever increasing demand for new systems, cool features and a continuous search to improve scalability and performance!
That is why we are now looking for a tech savvy and communicatively strong lead backend engineer to lead one of the elite backend squads working on a super important impactful and mission critical services used by hundreds of millions of users every day, processing billions of messages.
Your role: Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
As a Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam you will be play a fundamental role in the further design and development of mission critical communication systems, used by hundreds of millions of consumer clients daily. As the amount of countries on boarded onto the platform will double, you are moving to GCP, you are intensifying the collaboration with Data Engineering Teams you have your work cut out for you!
As Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam you will help architect hyper scalable backend systems, help migrate to AWS, will be in the lead communicating towards different stakeholders within the European organisation, help drive innovation within the teams and enable your team members to continuously grow themselves. And above all: you will get your hands dirty building amazing software yourself!
Within your role you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- 5+ years of experience with backend development with java and/or kotlin
- Strong communicator and people facilitator
- Experience in leading a backend team that works on heavily used backend services of scale
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with NoSQL like Cassandra
- Experience with Spring Boot, Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science is a plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 99.000 gross per year based on knowledge and added value
- + € 5.000 one-time bonus in your first year
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- travelling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on gym membership
- bicycle plan every 3 years
- after 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
Are you a Lead Engineer that would love to help engineer the next generation of mission critical communication systems that cater to hundreds of millions of people every day?