Vacature Lead Kotlin Backend Developer Amsterdam | Build a high-traffic software product impacting already millions of end-users | DDD | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS native & Kafka | €120.000 + €8.500 bonus + permanent contract
Your job: Lead Kotlin Backend Developer Amsterdam
- Do you want to work for a European operational Tech scaleup, funded by a very established parent company, with FAANG-level engineers on track to become the biggest in their niche?
- Do you want to work for a financially healthy company that is also recession-proof?
- Would you like to work on a high-traffic & cloud-native software product with millions of end-users already?
- Do you get energy from hands-on coding, but do you also enjoy taking your colleagues to a technically higher level and growing your leadership skills?
Your employer: Disruptive Tech Scaleup is going to completely change an established industry
Even in the present day and age with all the technological knowledge and power we have worldwide, we still see companies disrupting industries. This includes this well-funded and stable tech scaleup, building high-traffic products that guarantee safety and security for billions of people.
Their future looks promising, with many paying customers and world-renowned organizations using their systems. Together with the backing of a very wealthy parent company, they are becoming a great success. This gives you the best of both worlds: all the security, stability, and benefits of an established company, but all the autonomy, challenges, and decision cycles you can expect from a tech scaleup.
The systems they develop are on the frontier of what has never been developed before. Within a high traffic environment that is already used by millions of people, you can imagine that there are many technical challenges that you have perhaps did not face. All this is developed with an advanced Tech stack based on Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS (Lambda’s, EKS, DynamoDB) & Kafka, together with DDD, in a Cloud First and high traffic environment. So also technically you could learn a lot here!
The company has a real high-end engineering culture and is very open and transparent. The organization is not bureaucratic and has a bottom-up structure. The teams are end-2-end responsible and therefore have a lot of freedom to make their own decisions. They value good code quality, so clean coding, distributed design patterns, and SOLID are important here. This way you really get a feeling of satisfaction from your work, knowing that everyone wants to create something high-quality.
Your role: Lead Kotlin Backend Developer Amsterdam
As Lead Kotlin Backend Developer Amsterdam you will work in one of the small multidisciplinary product teams together with other backend, frontend, data engineers, and a product owner. Here you will work in a real product development environment where you and your team are fully responsible for one of the products within the platform. If you’re passionate about tackling complex problems within a high-traffic distributed infrastructure by designing, deploying, and testing elegant, scalable, and reliable solutions, then you’ve come to the right place.
In addition, you get the chance to increase your circle-of-influence and grow your leadership qualities. You will be the technical person with the end-responsibility in this team. On the one hand, you are hands-on coding, but on the other hand, you are facilitating your teammates to a technically higher level. This includes mentoring, code reviews, implementing coding standards, creating new PoCs, setting up a test strategy, and speaking with the business side. As you can see, the possibilities are almost endless here.
Because they entered a very complex domain here, not only do technical complexities play a role, but one also has to deal with the complexity from the business side. Think of defining and modeling a functional area within this organization through Domain Driven Design (DDD). If you don’t have any experience with this yet, no problem! Your potential new colleagues would love to teach you this concept!
What are they looking for?
- Minimum 6 years of backend software engineering experience
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Cloud, preferably AWS is a plus
- Experience with clean coding, Solid is a plus
- Experience with Domain Driven Design is a plus
- You have a real product mindset
What they can offer?
- Salary between €100.000 & €120.000 gross annual salary
- End-of-year bonus of €8.500
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- 25 vacation days
- Extensive home working opportunities
- Buy shares at a discount
- Solid pension scheme
- Training budget
- Internet allowance
- Travel expenses compensation
- Easily accessible office by train and car
- Work from abroad one month a year
As Lead Kotlin Backend Developer Amsterdam, do you want to have an impact on a high-quality and widely used product, but also want to grow your leadership qualities?