Vacature Lead Java Developer Rotterdam | Healthcare company boosts lifelong health of hundreds of thousands of people globally | 100% greenfield SaaS product | Java 21, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, Kafka, SQL | €103.680 + bonus
Vacancy: Lead Java Developer Rotterdam
- Would you like to have a positive impact on the lifelong health of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide?
- Have you always wanted to build a 100% new SaaS platform with a lot of (technical) freedom and an up-to-date stack?
- And would you like to build your own software engineering team in the near future?
- Do you enjoy tackling non-trivial engineering challenges surrounding architectural design, backend development and technical leadership?
Sounds interestnig? Then don’t wait any longer and read on!
Your employer: Boost lifelong health of hundreds of thousands of people on a global scale
This medium-sized healthcare organization has been able to positively influence the health of hundreds of thousands, and soon even millions, of people’s lives for more than a decade. The impact of this organization continues to grow. Working at this organization means that you can have a direct impact on the vitality and health of people’s lives all over the world! How cool is that?!
Due to their growing international success, they have entered an interesting phase. Their current SaaS platform is less scalable, and as a result they have decided to completely change course. This gives you, as a Lead Java Developer, the opportunity to build a 100% new future-proof SaaS platform from scratch. You will really get the trust and freedom to make your own design choices, determine the stack and lay the foundation for the coming years. How often do you see an opportunity like this come along?
In addition, as a Lead you can build your own agile team in the near future with solid and experienced Java Devs to make this a success together. While you remain hands-on, are challenged in both technical areas and leadership, and your engineering heart continues to beat.
There is everything here that you would expect from an engineering culture; short lines, lots of freedom and space to experiment with new technology. You work directly with the Head of Engineering and are a sparring partner. In addition, they also offer good conditions such as a salary of up to €103,680, a 10% bonus, work from home options and a solid pension.
Your role: Lead Java Developer Rotterdam
In your role as Lead Java Developer Rotterdam you will immediately be in the thick of things. You can sink your teeth into non-trivial engineering challenges surrounding architectural design, backend development and technical leadership. This includes designing, implementing and testing various (event-based) microservices. All with the aim of launching a well-functioning, scalable and future-proof SaaS platform.
You will also coach the team of software engineers. This includes 1-on-1s, conducting interviews, code reviews, organizing knowledge sessions, building new PoCs. Always from a technical point of view (and therefore NOT HR), so that you can do what gives you the most energy: designing and building high-quality software!
What is asked?
- Minimum 7 years of professional Java software engineering experience
- Experience in designing microservices backend architecture
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other software engineers
- Experience with automatic testing of your software
- Experience with messaging ques such as Kafka is an advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Cloud is a plus
- A completed technical BSc or MSc is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary increasing to €103.680 based on knowledge and added value
- Bonus up to 10% (paid quarterly)
- 25 days of holidays + 2 extra in case of no absenteeism + option to buy more
- Solid pension
- Work from home for 2 days
- Flexible working hours
- €25 net expense allowance
- €200 per year to spend on health
- MacBook or laptop
So does it seem like a huge opportunity to you to build this completely new SaaS product and lay the foundation for the years to come while promoting the health of hundreds of thousands of people?