Vacature Lead Backend Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam | Build & Design Mission Critical backend solutions processing billions requests each month | Java, Kotlin, Microservices, Cloud, NoSQL | € 90.000 + 10% bonus + € 5.000 signing bonus
Vacancy: Lead Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam
- Would you like to an lead autonomous highly skilled backend engineering team working on mission critical backend systems processing billions of messages per day from all over the globe?
- Do you love being part of a globally operating online tech company that services hundreds of million consumers every day?
- Do you have expertise in design and develop highly scalable data driven cloud environments?
- What do you thing about working with technologies like Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, GCP, Pub Sub, Kubernetes, NoSQL?
Sound cool to you? Well, don’t wait any longer!
Your employer: Fulfills a basic need for hundreds of millions of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfil a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick-ass engineering culture!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving the trust, autonomy and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge sharing groups, open source contributions and overall a super friendly and very expat friendly culture.
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. Some of the biggest European countries are also being onboarded at the moment, which will increase the users by hundreds of millions more. Adding to all sorts of interesting challenges!
That is why we are now looking for a Lead Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam to lead a highly-skilled backend engineering team that works on the very business critical communication and trust systems.
Your role: Lead Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam
As a Lead Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam you will be leading one of the highly skilled backend engineering teams in Amsterdam to build the next generation trust and communication services that will be used by hundreds of million more users. You and your team will be working on globally operating, heavily distributed, highly available (24/7 uptime) and super secure mission critical backend systems. With services building with Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, NoSQL and will fully migrate to GCP.
You will be working closely with your Product Manager on global services to define the vision, translate that into roadmaps and technology while driving this throughout your team (4 backend software engineers). Still most of your time you will be hands-on involved in designing and building these systems.
Currently, these backend services handle over 4 billion messages each month. As these services are growing you can look forward to an even bigger scale to work on, which makes by far one of the most challenging environments here in Amsterdam.
Within your role, you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- 5+ years of experience with Software engineering with the JVM
- Experience in leading a team that build solutions that handle very large volumes
- Experience in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Spring Boot, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL like Cassandra
- Strong communicator and people facilitator
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 80.000 and € 90.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 10% yearend bonus!
- + € 5.000 one-time bonus in your first year
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- Travelling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
- After 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
Are you a Lead Engineer that would love to help engineer the next generation of mission critical communication systems that cater to hundreds of millions of people every day as a Lead Engineer Java/Kotlin Amsterdam?