Vacature Lead Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht | Scale-up with millions of funding builds high-available, real-time systems for a sustainable world | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Elasticsearch, AWS | Salary € 90.000 + stock options
Vacancy: Lead Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht
- Do you want to have a direct impact on making the world more sustainable?
- Do you enjoy working for a financially stable tech scale-up that raised nearly 10 million last year?
- How about working in a highly skilled software engineering team with one of the region’s brightest techies?
- Do you enjoy working on complex technical challenges with technologies such as: Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch & AWS?
Don’t wait any longer, because you don’t get such an opportunity every day!!!
Your employer: Well-funded tech scale-up has a major impact on making the world more sustainable!
Sometimes there are companies that have stayed under the radar for a long time and the moment everyone knows them, you think I would have liked to be there when they were a bit smaller. Here’s your chance. This tech scale-up is working hard to make the world more sustainable with advanced technology. We do not often come across such companies in the region.
The goal here is clear, focus on an industry where the greatest returns can be made to make the world more sustainable and greener. Hire the region’s brightest techies and focus on such a technically complex domain, and you’ll get into areas where engineers have hardly been. This is exactly what they have done here, good results have been achieved and many millions in funding have been raised to further shape this. And not without result, because they work here for impressive customers such as Tesla!
The organization has its origins here in the Netherlands, so their development center is also located in the heart of Utrecht. You work in a very flat and transparent organizational culture. As an engineer you have a lot of freedom and trust here. For example, the organization has embraced remote working, you can fully determine your working hours and days off are not counted here.
Your role: Lead Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht
In your role as Lead Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht you will work in a highly skilled and experienced team of Senior Developers and Data Engineers. You and your team will consider various technical issues related to high availability and distributed systems. Unlock complex metadata, solve real-time challenges, build completely new products and build highly available APIs All of this is developed with Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch and AWS.
In your role as Lead Backend Engineer you provide technical guidance to a small group of highly skilled engineers. Currently, the Head of Engineering, still one of the best techies out there, is leading the team. As the business grows, and so does the team, he can really use a hands-on right hand to continue growing the business.
In addition to leading, you also have the opportunity to further develop yourself in different development languages and areas. If you’re interested in Full Stack, you can also focus on the front-end API with React or solve Data Engineering / Machine Learning challenges with Python / Spark. Here you really get the chance to develop multiple software engineering disciplines. (if you want, don’t have to)
What is being asked?
- And have completed a technical bachelor or master, such as Computer Science, A.I or related
- Experience in leading teams from a technical perspective
- At least 6 years of experience in professional software development
- Experience with Kotlin, Java and / or Scala
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ and / or ActiveMQ is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and / or Docker is a plus
- Experience with EDA, DDD and / or Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Python, Golang or NodeJS is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 90.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options!
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours & to distribute hours completely freely
- Available both remotely and at the office
- 25 vacation days, but these are not tracked
- Laptop of your choice
Have you always wanted to work for a very well-funded tech scale-up that builds products for a sustainable world as a Lead Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht?