Vacature Kotlin Developer Utrecht | Learn Kotlin | Big Data, Science and Algorithmics provide a new way of learning | Kotlin, Spring Boot, NoSQL, Microservices, Event-Driven, Cloud | € 80.000 + 8% bonus
Vacancy: Kotlin Developer Utrecht
- Would you like to work for a real product company, where you work on complex technical challenges with a close-knit team?
- Do you also like to build a product with a lot of positive impact on how people on our planet can learn better and thus get more out of themselves?
- Do you enjoy working on complex technical challenges related to performance, scalability, new construction, big data & algorithms?
- Would you like to work with a nice up to date tech stack and methods including Kotlin (prof experience not a requirement), Spring Boot, Docker, K8s, Cassandra, Cloud, Event-Driven, clean coding & TDD?
Don’t wait any longer, because this is your chance!
Your employer: New learning method is combined here with big data, science, and algorithms
This real SME Tech club has been building a very successful cutting edge SaaS platform for more than ten years that enables people to absorb knowledge much more efficiently. A unique way has been found here to combine science, algorithms, and big data with software engineering and a touch of passion. This has resulted in a cutting edge e-learning platform, with a positive impact on more than a million people in the Netherlands. You could say that this software has made the Netherlands a bit smarter over the past 10 years. That’s a nice impact.
The start-up phase is long past here. That means a stable customer portfolio and a healthy financial core. That does not mean that people will sit back and relax. The organization has always been very progressive in terms of technology. But what else can you expect if the CTO/Founder has an engineering background himself? You can therefore expect many great challenges here. With a lot of complexity in the product (performance & algorithms), a growing number of users (scalability), new ways of learning (science), access to the platform (security), and many new ideas for the platform resulting in a lot of greenfield challenges, you will find here a great diversity of engineering challenges.
The organization is characterized by its very informal character. No longer a start-up, but the benefits it. Nice and small-scale, a lot of input, short communication lines, and owners who still work every day with a passion for their product. There is a lot of room for your own input and ideas. In fact, that is what is required of you. People here are also very flexible in terms of working from home options and you can enjoy an unlimited training budget.
Your role: Kotlin Developer Utrecht
In your role as Kotlin Developer Utrecht you will work in a close-knit team of engineers. The nature of the product is very complex, this is because they have managed to combine big data, science, and math/algorithms with software engineering in a unique way. The technical challenges you will find here are to continuously optimize and expand the platform and are therefore related to performance, scalability, and algorithms. But also building many new features.
The advantage of working as an engineer at this medium-sized tech company is that you work across the full breadth of the platform. So you can really get your teeth into all aspects of product development here. This is accompanied by high quality standards such as TDD and Clean Coding in a modern microservice and event-driven architecture. That is combined with a nice modern technology stack that currently consists of Kotlin (everything new) and a bit of Java. Kotlin experience is therefore not a must have. Also Spring Boot, Coroutines, Pup/Sup, Docker, K8s, Cassandra, and GCP. Of course, it is not assumed that you have knowledge and experience with the full tech stack. There is room to learn here.
Your input and opinion are super important and you can have a lot of influence on the course and vision of the product. The founder and CTO are still closely involved. So if you have an idea, you will not be bothered by long communication lines or slow decision cycles and you can discuss it directly with the CTO and your team.
What is being asked?
- From about 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Kotlin or Java
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or K8s is a plus
- Experience with Microservice and/or event-driven software architecture is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as GCP or AWS is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL such as Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with Clean Coding and/or TDD is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between € 50.000 to € 80.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Bonus of 8% on top of your salary
- Pension scheme
- Possibility to work 32, 36, 40
- 25 vacation days
- Working from home 3 days a week
- Very flexible working hours
- Macbook or other laptop of choice
- Unlimited training budget
Would you like to work at a tech company that develops a cutting edge SaaS platform that will change the way of learning forever?