Vacature Junior Java Developer Amsterdam (Big Data) | Deliver unparalleled real-time insights with 6+ trillion records | Core Java 17, Spark/EMR, Docker, ECS, EKS, AWS (Lambda’s) | €60.000 + indefinite contract
Your job: Junior Java Developer Amsterdam (Big Data)
- Do you love core-product development of a Big Data platform that delivers unparalleled insights with 6+ trillion records on a global scale?
- Are you a Engineer who likes to bite down on non-trivial engineering-challenges around Multithreading, Data Structures and Algorithms?
- And what about earning up to €60k, working completely remote, an indefinite contract, and a solid pension + health insurance for you AND your family?!
Sounds interesting? Then read on!
Your employer: The Global Leader in Delivering unparalleled real-time measurement on a global scale!
This software juggernaut is market leader in measuring and harnessing the power of data insights, with the impact of hundreds of millions of global citizens. Together with the highly-intelligent and passionate colleagues, you will work on non-trivial engineering-challenges around Software-, Data-, and Cloud-Engineering, strongly associated with the Computer Science fundamentals.
Working here means that you are part of something unique: All the stability and conditions of a large stable company, but all the freedom and technical impact of a medium sized product organization in their Amsterdam-hub. You can think of self-steering and autonomous teams, no bureaucracy, lots of room to experimentations. Plus a-ma-zing benefits like an indefinite contract, working completely remotely (from the Netherlands, Spain or Germany) and a solid pension+ health insurance for you and your family.
Your role: Junior Java Developer Amsterdam (Big Data)
As a Junior Java Developer Amsterdam you will work at the Amsterdam Tech Hub. Together with your team you will build a Cloud-based Data Solution that collects data (70 billion records per day), which delivers unparalleled insights about the online behavior of their customers’ target audience. Something that especially in these times is crucial for the online-world!
Currently they are making an abstraction layer on top the Core-Platform based on Spark & EMR to boost the speed, reliable and resiliency of the current platform. But most of all increases the interoperability and independence, to onboard even more huge clients. Think of the impact you can have!
But there is even more to bite down on for the coming years, as you can join in migrating to Java 17, moving to AWS Cloud-native, and implementing new algorithms to use the data even better.
They have a proven track record of training and mentoring Engineers here for many years. In a very short time (2-4 weeks) you gradually become a productive member of the team. In addition, there are ample career opportunities to -Medior or even Senior Software Engineer up to a whopping €100k! So there are plenty of challenges that you can sink your teeth into.
So if you love to work with super-smart passionate software engineers that are all about the fundamentals, solving nontrivial global impactful challenges while enjoying insane benefits, this job is for you!
What is required?
- A completed MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven backend software development experience in Java/Kotlin/Scala or Python
- A solid foundation in multithreading, algorithms and data-structures
- Interest in working in heavy-data environments
- Knowledge with Spark/EMR is a big plus
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with cloud like AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Strong communicator and open to learning new tools/technologies
What is being offered?
- Salary between €45.000 and €60.000 based on knowledge and added value
- An indefinite contract from the start!
- Fully remote working from Netherlands, Germany or Spain
- Flexible working hours
- 25 holidays
- Health insurance up to 80% covered
- Solid pension, with possibility to include your family
- Laptop or MacBook
- Company Fitness
- Possibility to do courses or go to seminars
- Onboarding to a full member of the team
- A full compensated relocation package!
Would you like to play a fundamental role in the delivery of unparalleled insights on a global scale as a Junior Java Developer Amsterdam (Big Data)?