Vacature Java/Kotlin Developer Utrecht | Help to make the world more sustainable with bleeding edge tech | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, AWS | Salary €85.000 + stock options
Vacancy Java/Kotlin developer Utrecht/Remote
- Would you like to have an impact on making our planet more sustainable?
- What do you think of doing this for a financially stable tech scale-up that has raised tens of millions in funding since the start?
- What do you think about being able to do this around complex backend solutions with technologies such as Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch & AWS?
- Where you can enjoy excellent conditions such as a salary of up to € 85.000 and stock options and a fully equipped home office?
Don’t wait any longer and apply!
Your employer: Real-time backend products make the world more sustainable
Sometimes there are companies that have stayed under the radar for a long time, and the moment everyone knows them you think I would have liked to be there when they were a bit smaller. Here’s your chance. This tech scale-up is working hard to make the world more sustainable with advanced technology within complex backend challenges. With funding of many millions, financial stability is also good here and the company is scaling up pretty big.
The purpose here is clear. Hire the brightest engineers from the region and focus on such a technically complex domain, and you’ll get to areas where engineers have barely been. This is exactly what people are doing here day in and day out. This hard work over the past few years has yielded an impressive result, as they work here for clients such as Google and the largest electronic car manufacturer in the world (you know who!). This is just a sampling of the list of impressive clients.
We have entered the next exciting phase. For one of their biggest customers, a completely new real-time product will be built from Scratch, for which a new team will be formed. Furthermore, they are also going to explore new continents and Asia is the next to be conquered. From which many new greenfield projects will arise. If you want to be part of this exciting adventure, now is the right time.
Your role: Java/Kotlin Developer Utrecht
In your role as Java/Kotlin Developer Utrecht you will work in a team of highly experienced engineers. You and your team will be resolving various technical issues related to high availability and distributed systems. You work with complex metadata, solve real-time challenges, set up completely new products and build high-available APIs. All of this is developed with Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch, and AWS.
You also have the opportunity to further develop yourself in different development languages and areas. If you’re interested in Full Stack, you can also focus on the front-end API with React or solve data engineering / Machine Learning challenges with Python / Spark. Here you really get the chance to develop multiple software engineering disciplines. (if you want, you don’t have to)
What is being asked?
- A completed a technical bachelor’s or master’s, such as Computer Science, A. I or related is a big plus
- From about 3 years of experience in professional software development
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, and/or ActiveMQ is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Docker is a plus
- Experience with EDA, DDD, and/or Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Python, Golang, or NodeJS is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 85.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options
- Possible to work 100% remote
- An office in the heart of Utrecht
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours &
- Divide hours completely freely
- Minimum of 25 vacation days, but able to take more for free
- Retirement scheme
- Laptop of your choice
- Budget for your home office
Have you always wanted to work on products for a sustainable world, combined with bleeding-edge technology?