Vacature Java Developer Amsterdam | Build online security platform with hundreds of millions of end users worldwide | Java 11, Spring Boot, Docker, K8s & GCP | €70.500 + permanent contract
Vacancy: Java Developer Amsterdam
- Would you like to work in a core backend team working on mission-critical backend systems that guarantee the online security of hundreds of millions of users worldwide?
- Do you like to build very tangible software products that are recognized by friends and family?
- Do you immediately find a permanent contract, 10% end-of-year bonus, ample training budgets, health insurance reimbursement & even reimbursement for childcare important?
Don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of millions of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfill a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick-ass engineering culture!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving them the trust, autonomy, and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge sharing groups, open-source contributions, and overall a super friendly and very expat-friendly culture.
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. Some of the biggest European countries are also being onboarded at the moment, which will increase the number of users by hundreds of millions more. Adding to all sorts of interesting challenges!
Your role: Java Developer Amsterdam
As a Java Developer Amsterdam you will play a crucial role in making the relatively new online security platform more and more successful. Think of developing the architecture and making it a lot more scalable and resilient. To give you an idea of the scale: on their highly scalable- and available platform, over 15 million events are processed per day! It is even expected to triple in the coming years. So you can immediately make a positive contribution to making the online world a lot safer on a global scale!
You will work in one of the self-steering and autonomous backend teams and work close to the product so that you play a crucial role within the organization. So there is still plenty of room for the team to experiment and come up with improvements to the product!
People here value work-life balance a lot. As a result, they immediately offer a permanent contract, 10% end-of-year bonus, flexible working hours, remote work opportunities, and ample training budgets. Their staff is their most important asset!
Switching teams within the organization is no problem at all here. This variation allows people to learn more, work longer and never get bored. In addition, there are various growth opportunities internally. Here you can grow towards something you really want: whether that is Architect or Teamlead, everything is possible!
What is being asked?
- 2+ years of experience with software engineering within the JVM
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta degree, such as Computer Science, is an advantage
- Experience in Java8+ and Spring Boot
- Experience within public cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL such as Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience with authorization tools such as OpenID, OAuth, or SCIM is a plus
What is offered?
- Between €55.000 and €65.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 10% yearend bonus!
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- Traveling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
- After 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
Are you a Java Developer that would love to help engineer the next-generation security platform used by hundreds of millions?