Vacature Java Developer Amersfoort | Rebuild core engine of cutting edge Cloud platform for self-driving cars & road safety | Java17, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, K8s, AWS, CI/CD, TDD, Scrum | € 74,000 + 12% bonus
Vacancy: Java Developer Amersfoort
- Would you like to work on a product that makes the lives of many people easier and safer every day?
- Do you think it would be interesting to work on systems for traffic safety and self-driving cars?
- Do you also get energy from the nice and varied backend puzzle around the design of microservices, real-time data processing, greenfield, and performance?
- Would you like to work with technologies and methods such as Java17, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, K8s, AWS, CI/CD, TDD, Scrum?
Then read on quickly?
Your employer: 100% products company will innovate core engine self-driving cars and road safety
This medium-sized products company from Amersfoort has been a great success for years. Very tangible products are developed here that make the daily life of many people (and soon also in Europe) a bit easier. You can think of self-driving cars, shopping, and traffic safety. You can understand that the social relevance here is high. The products and systems developed here are all highly available, real-time, and deal with enormous amounts of data. Think of in-house developed algorithms, which have received high praise within the world of software engineering and you have a diversity of complex backend challenges to sink your teeth into.
The company has entered an interesting phase. After years of healthy growth in the Netherlands, there is now a lot of interest in the products from Europe. This means that the teams will be scaled up, products will be innovated and many new features will be developed. This means a lot of new construction and even more data that the systems have to process.
The culture is everything you can expect from an innovative products organization; driven, professional, and energetic. Knowledge sharing and room to apply new technologies in their current environment are very common here. Here they really work around the limits of the possibilities of current technology, so making mistakes is also part of it. After all, that’s how you learn, isn’t it? Furthermore, the atmosphere is very informal, lots of fun and flexible working hours and 3 to 4 fixed home working days are possible.
Your role: Java Developer Amersfoort
In your role as Java Developer Amersfoort, you will work in an agile environment. You and your multidisciplinary team will work on the various backend challenges. The core engine that receives all data will be completely modernized (green/brownfield). So many issues around architecture (microservices & cloud), and new technology (Java17 & Spring Boot). The number of users is increasing rapidly. This means scalability and performance challenges. Furthermore, various new products and services will be developed and you will therefore find the necessary new construction here.
In your role as Java Developer, you can grow to Senior and Lead Developer. Depends on your level. The organization is experiencing healthy and strong growth. More and more teams are being formed, with each team having a Lead Developer.
What is being asked?
- Minimum 2 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with Java8 or higher
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or microservices is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Experience with Cloud/AWS is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with TDD and/or CI/CD is a plus
- Interested in sharing knowledge and visiting meet-ups
- A completed HBO or WO education or demonstrable work level
- Communicative and representative
What is offered?
- Salary between € 45.000 and € 74.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Bonus up to 1.5 months’ salary on top of your salary
- The choice to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- 3 to 4 home working days per week
- Very flexible working hours
- Laptop of choice
- € 30 Net expense allowance per month
- 25 vacation days with the option to buy more
- Excellent pension scheme
Are you interested in building very tangible products around road safety and self-driving cars?