Vacature Head of Development Amsterdam | Amazing Silicon Valley Tech Comp | Double the Headcount of Elite Backend Teams for Hundreds of Millions of Consumers Clients | € 169.000
Your job: Head of Engineering Amsterdam
- Do you have a solid track record in hiring and growing experienced software engineers while helping them to be better technical leaders?
- Would you love to work within a silicon valley tech company in Amsterdam with a stellar engineering culture?
- Would you like to double the headcount of your teams, working on mission critical backend systems processing billions of mission critical messages per day from all over the globe?
- How about earning up to € 169.000 in your first year and receiving an indefinite contact from day one?
Sounds interesting? Then wait no longer, this might be your new job!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfill a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick ass engineering culture!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving them the trust, autonomy, and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge sharing groups, open source contributions, and overall a super friendly and very expat friendly culture.
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. Some of the biggest European countries are also being onboarded at the moment, which will increase the users with hundreds of millions more. Adding to all sorts of interesting challenges!
That is why we are now looking for a Software Development Manager Amsterdam to lead multiple highly skilled backend engineering teams that work on the very business critical communication and trust systems.
Your role: Head of Development Amsterdam
As Head of Development Amsterdam, you will be tasked to hire, develop and retain some of the best backend engineers that can be found. All while working closely with your peer Head of Product to define and roll out the global vision and translate that into roadmaps and technology
You will get to lead 5 skilled backend engineering teams (and hire an additional 15 ppl) in Amsterdam to build and extend the mission critical communication systems, used by hundreds of millions of consumer customers all over the globe. These are all heavily distributed, highly available (24/7 uptime) and super secure mission critical backend systems. With services building with Java, Kotlin, some Go, and (soon to be) running on GCP.
As these services are growing and recently your internal clients have doubled you have the challenge of growing these elite teams while developing relationships with all CTO level internal clients in over 20 European countries. Within your role, you will be able to maximize your effectiveness by building strategic partnerships within the organization.
Within your role, you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- Multiple years of experience leading cross functional agile engineering teams
- Experience managing teams that build mission critical heavily distributed backend services of scale (10k+ events per second)
- Experience leading 20+ engineers
- Experience finding, hiring and growing skilled software engineers
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong communicator and people facilitator
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 110.000 and € 135.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 20% yearend bonus!
- + € 7.000 one-time bonus in your first year
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- traveling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- bicycle plan every 3 years
- after 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month