Vacature DevOps Engineer Azure Amsterdam | Mission Critical Highly Distributed FinTech Streaming Data Platform | SRE, Kubernetes, IaC | €85.000+16%
Your job: DevOps Engineer Azure Amsterdam
- Would you love to have a major impact within the core DevOps team for a leading global FinTech player implementing a future proof streaming data/Kafka strategy with over 2 million API requests per day and implementing an ambitious SRE strategy?
- Do you like to work on a long term innovative self-service data platform within the heart of the organization moving over 100 billion assets under management and working in squads of highly skilled DevOps colleagues?
- How about receiving up to 20% yearend bonus, being able to work from home (in the Netherlands), and large training and certification budgets?
Then, my friend, this is your job!
Your employer: Leading Data Driven Global FinTech Player Implementing Innovative Streaming Data Architecture
This ambitious global FinTech player has an amazing impact within the global economy, with over 100 billion in assets under management and 2 million API calls on their systems per day. Hundreds of thousands of institutions and consumer customers from all over the world count on their broad range of financial products for monetary success.
Joining now means joining at a very interesting time! As they are implementing an innovative data driven streaming data architecture. At the heart of this is your full stack product team responsible for building and running the super secure self-service streaming data platform. As Fintech/Payments need to adhere to the highest standards, and the systems are distributed all over the globe (Azure), you can imagine the challenges ahead!
Their culture is non-hierarchical, offering you impactful work, modern technology, lots of freedom, autonomy, and responsibility with some of the best work/life balance in the industry! With most of your work which you can do from home. With only the occasional meeting at the office when needed!
Your role: DevOps Engineer Azure Amsterdam
As DevOps Engineer Azure Amsterdam you will work within the heart of the organization and have a major impact on the organization. With everything routing through your data platform and helping the 25 product teams working on it. Who you will help to move into the new world of streaming data! Next to this you and your passionate DevOps engineers you will get to complete and run the kafka based self-service platform while implementing an ambitious SRE strategy. All the while receiving guidance and training from some of the best DevOps/SRE engineers in the business!
Here you can bite down on improving processes, management, and operation of infrastructure, cluster expansion, and upgrade, evolving Kubernetes, perfecting data observability through tooling development, downstream analytics, and moving Elastic to Prometheus, to name a few! If you get bored easily, it is safe to say here you can look forward to years and years of interesting and challenging work.
Your growth opportunities:
As there are many teams there here you can continuously grow. Both in teams, as make a step towards another team. Here you will have the guidance and career path to be able to grow to senior, lead and beyond!
What is required?
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Azure or another public cloud vendor like GCP or AWS
- Thorough Linux knowledge and experience
- Experience with Python or another higher development language
- Experience with setting up monitoring tooling, like Prometheus
- Experience working on highly distributed systems/environments
- Kubernetes practitioner (using helm charts, etc)
- Strong automation (IaC) experience, Terraform/Ansible+Azure DevOps experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of data modeling and Protocol Buffers with schemes would be a plus
- Completes Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Systems Engineer or similar is a plus
- Experience with streaming data and Kafka in particular is a plus
What if offered?
- Between €55.000 and €85.000 per year based on experience and added value
- Up to 16% yearend bonus!
- €300 per month with an average of only 2 incidents per year!
- Be able to work from home (from the Netherlands)
- Able to work 40, 36, and 32 hours
- Solid pension
- Large training budget
- 27 holidays
Are you the DevOps Engineer Azure Amsterdam that enjoys helping 25 dev teams into the wonderful world of streaming data while building a cutting edge data platform while earning up to €98.600 per year?