Vacature Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin | Design & Build High Performance Backend System from Scratch Handling Over 1 billion request per day! | Kotlin, GCP, Kubernetes | € 70.000
Your job: Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
- Would you love the chance to design and build a brand new highly scalable, performance, and available online technology from scratch, to process half a billion requests per day?
- Do you love architecture, design, lots of creative freedom, and working with Kotlin (can be learned here!), GCP and Kubernetes?
- How about getting all the benefits of working for a lean and mean start-up, but under the protected wings of a super financial healthy mother company with big clients, resources, great benefits, knowledge, and office facilities?
Then wait no longer, this is your job!
Your employer: Building some of the most performance online technology the world has ever seen!
Online has always been an ever-growing market and due to the global situation, this has only led to even more insane growth! For years this energetic Amsterdam based tech company has capitalized on this development by helping their clients maximize the potential of online.
Their culture is one that is driven by curiosity, innovation, continuous learning (big training budgets and facilities), passion for quality and fun! As they are middle-sized you are big enough to work with amazing clients and really make an impact, but still small enough that you feel you are part of something special and you can build strong relationships with all of your colleagues. Year on year they have been growing successfully!
They are now gearing up for further success by building their very own online technology platform, which will be processing over half a billion requests per day! You will be targeting a very specific niche that is in great demand, with clients that are already lining up. And you will get to help design, architect, and build this from scratch!
Your role: Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
As Backend Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin you have the amazing chance to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry of distributed system development! Together you are tasked with the design, architecting and development of their brand new online technology platform, and then to further build the team and company!
These are highly available, highly scalable and high-performance systems, to be built within a microservices architecture. The only knowns are Kotlin, GCP, and Kubernetes. The rest you and your team can work your magic on, with deciding the architecture, choosing the stack, build the MVP and then develop that platform into maturity.
As the product grows you will also be able to help grow the team and even grow into the role of tech lead if you would so wish!
What is required?
- A minimum of 2 years of professional backend development experience
- Solid experience with one or more JVM languages
- Solid comprehension of data structures and algorithms
- A good communicator, able to clearly explain your trial of thought
- A completed Beta Bachelor education or higher (or demonstrated similar working experience)
- Experience with Kotlin, GCP and/or Kubernetes is a big plus
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
What is offered?
- Between € 50.000 and € 70.000 gross per year, based on experience and added value
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- + Yearend bonus
- Solid pension
- 25 holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Catered lunches
- Solid budget for training, going to conferences and buying books
Interested to finally design, architect and build high performance backend systems from scratch while working with some of the coolest people in the industry?
Be sure to send your CV to Robert Hawker via email@example.com