Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Help set up new java tech hub | Indefinite Contract | Salary € 85.000
Vacancy: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Does it seem like a big challenge to you to build up a new Java Unit together with passionate colleagues?
- Do you love the adventure of setting up something new, but with the stability of an indefinite contract?
- Do you like variety in your work, where you work on long-term projects?
- Would you like to be well rewarded with a salary of up to € 85.000, a car and an indefinite contract?
Then don’t wait any longer because we have the job for you!
Your employer: software engineering powerhouse is going to establish a new Java Hub in Amsterdam
Some companies just get it. It’s something that’s hard to explain, but when you talk to them it just makes sense. The people who work there, the passion they have for their profession, the challenging projects that they continuously manage to bring to success, it’s just right. Likewise with this organization. This tech powerhouse has been an authority in their field from the beginning. The foundation was laid by organizing the largest tech events similar to a J-Fall, DevOxx and GoTo. A wonderful tech company has emerged from this community, where about 50 engineers now work with passion every day.
The past few years have been a great adventure. With the start more than 3 years ago and 3 years later, with 50 engineers they play an absolute leading role in the Netherlands. Something that one would never have dared to dream of. But with these successes, they have the ultimate blueprint of how to successfully build a new tech hub from the ground up. The time is now to set up a Java Hub and develop it into another eye-catcher in Amsterdam.
The culture here is everything you hope to find as an engineer. Knowledge sharing is key here, they organize the largest tech event in the world here and have become a real authority. The organization is super flat, without bureaucracy and the culture here is open and friendly and offers good career opportunities that you don’t easily see elsewhere.
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java developer Amsterdam, you enter the organization at an interesting moment. With a considerable track record and a lot of technical challenges in the pipeline, you are one of the first Java Software engineers here. This gives you the opportunity to choose from a wide range of projects, you can help to grow this Java Hub and think along about the (technical) course of the company. You only come across an opportunity like this every once in a while.
From a technical perspective, you will find everything you expect from modern software development here. Are you interested in Microservices, Cloud, Reactive Programming, Full-Stack development, software architecture or greenfield dev? No problem. All these themes form part of your day to day work here.
In your role as a Senior Java developer, you have many career opportunities here. The organization is growing fast and being one of the first to join offers an incredible amount of opportunities. You can grow here in the role of Lead, Architect and even hands-on director of the entire Java hub!
What is being asked?
- From about 4 years of professional Java software development experience
- Preferably a completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science is a plus
- The ambition to really help an organization further with its growth
- Passion for quality software development, such as clean coding and testing
- Experience with Java & Spring Boot
- Experience with microservices, Docker and/or k8s is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile and TDD is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
What is on offer?
- Salary between € 65.000 and € 85.000 knowledge and experience
- Indefinite contract from the start
- Mobility allowance or company car
- 25 holidays
- Laptop of your choice
- Excellent pension scheme
- Very generous training budget
Would you like to be part of one of the biggest success stories of recent years, where you get the chance to help build the new Java Hub in Amsterdam?