Vacature Data Engineer Utrecht (Remote) | Scale-Up with millions of funding builds platform for a sustainable world | Python, Spark, Airflow, AWS | Salary up to € 75.000 + 30K Shares
Vacancy: Data Engineer Utrecht (Remote)
- Does it seem cool to you to have a direct impact on making the world more sustainable?
- What do you think about working for a tech scale up that raised almost 10 million last year?
- Would you like to work in very skilled engineering team with one of the brightest minds from the region?
- Do you enjoy working on complex technical challenges with technologies such as: Python, Spark, Airflow & AWS?
Don’t wait any longer, because you don’t get such an opportunity every day!
Your employer: Well-funded tech scale up has a major impact on making the world more sustainable!
Sometimes there are companies that have remained under the radar for a long time and the moment everyone knows them you think, I wished I have been there when they were a bit smaller. Well here is your chance. This Silicon Valley tech scale up is working hard to make the world substantially more sustainable with bleeding edge technology. We don’t see companies like this very often in the region.
The goal is clear here, focus on an industry where the most impact can be made to make the world a more sustainable and green place. Hire the brightest minds from the region and focus on such a technically complex domain and you will enter areas where engineers have hardly been. This is exactly what they have done here, good results have been achieved and thus many millions in funding have been raised to further shape this. And not without result, because they work here for impressive customers such as Google Nest and the biggest EV company!
The organization has its origins here in the Netherlands, so their development hub is also located in the heart of Utrecht. You will work in a very flat and transparent organizational culture. As an engineer you have a lot of freedom and confidence here. For example, the organization has embraced remote working and you can completely determine your working hours yourself and days off are not counted here.
Your role: Data Engineer Utrecht (Remote)
In your role as Data Engineer Utrecht you will work in a highly skilled and experienced team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists. Of course you will also collaborate with other developers like backend & front-end. You and your team will focus various big data challenges around their high available and distributed systems/platform.
So the key project for now are very challenging because you and your team will develop a new Data Lake from scratch. Currently the company has developed other solutions, but as the company is rapidly growing a new data lake is needed.
Also improving current but building new data pipelines will be important. On the roadmap there is a plan for building a brand new Machine Learning forecasting pipeline, which had hardly been done before like the want it. So working here means working on the edge what has been done with technology.
What is being asked?
- A technical Bachelor or Master, such as Computer Science or A.I
- At least 2 years of Data Engineering experience
- Software Development experience is a plus
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Spark en/of PySpark
- Experience with AWS and/or Terraform is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin, Java and/or Scala is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
What’s is being offered?
- Salary between € 50.000 and € 75.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options between € 20.000 and € 30.000
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours & to allocate hours completely freely
- Both remote and office work possible
- 25 vacation days, but these are not tracked
- Laptop of your choice