Vacature Senior Distributed Software Engineer Golang Amsterdam | Build communication platform for hundreds of millions of consumer customers | Golang, Microservices, Cassandra, Automated Cloud Deployments, Sharding, CI/CD | up to € 90.000 + 15% bonus
The job: Senior Distributed Software Engineer Golang Amsterdam
- Would you like to work for a dedicated software company with its roots deeply embedded in silicon valley?
- Are you experienced in designing and building highly distributed systems with a 24/7 uptime and would you like to take your career it to the next level?
- Do you love to work on software that directly impacts millions of users all over the world?
- How about getting an indefinite contract, earning up to € 90.000 per year + 15% bonus?
Then you have come to the right place!
Your employer: Distributed Computing, highly agile and consumer focused, all over the globe!
Working here is well known to be one of the best steps you could ever make to bring your career within distributed software engineering to the top level within the Amsterdam region, or the Netherlands for that matter.
The culture is highly agile, software engineers are viewed as the core assets of the company and following the latest software engineering best practices are seen as a standard. You would not need to convince anyone over here that you need time to go to meetups, clean coding is the way to go, visiting seminars (all over the world) is good to so, getting company paid books for or getting time to try out a new PoC makes sens. Those are no brainers over here! As lots of engineers work here just think of the amount of experienced you could exchange with each other!
So what do they do? These elite multidisciplinary agile teams work hard to supply hundreds millions of consumers and business users alike with unique online services. This means working on multiple products, components and tools that deal with huge loads and need to scale beyond your wildest dreams. They affect millions of users in the Netherlands, but hundreds of millions of users all over the globe. How about that?
Your role: Senior Distributed Software Engineer Golang Amsterdam
Ok, so where do you come in? At this moment a totally new elite team of software engineer is being formed to design and build a systems that processes communication of all of the hundreds of millions of customer that use they systems day day out, in all times zones. As Senior Golang Software Engineer Amsterdam you will define, design and implement complex, highly distributed and always available services while automating cloud deployment.
You will work in a dedicated team of very intelligent and experienced distributed software engineers to refactor, build new, improve efficiency, automated delivery even further and start building amazing new features, while working closely with other software engineers in your team in Amsterdam and in different countries all over the world.
Scalability and performance are paramount as when these systems go down hundreds of millions of people are affected. Being able to take apart technology to be able to improve performance would be highly beneficial. As this team is newly formed, career chances are amazing!
What is required?
- Vast experience in designing and building highly distributed applications
- Experience with Golang
- Excellent comprehension of data structures, scalability and performance issues
- Strong communicator; being able to work within other highly intelligent multicultural colleagues
- Experience with agile and clean coding
- Experience with Multithreading and Sharding
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Experience with automating cloud deployment would be a plus
- Master graduate would be a plus
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra) would be a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark (or similar technology) or Apache Nomad would be a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch would be a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 70.000 and € 90.000 per year, based on knowledge and experience
- + 10% yearend bonus
- The best tools and hardware to work with!
- training budget (even go abroad!)
- flexible working hours
- possibility to work from home when needed
- 26 vacation days
- travelling costs compensation
- excellent pension
- € 40 net compensation per month
- company lunches
- discount on child care
- an indefinite contract from the get go!
Interested? Please send your CV to Robert Hawker via firstname.lastname@example.org