Vacature Scala Software Engineer Utrecht | Build Real Time Processing Technology | High Tech ProdDev | Scala, Akka Streams, HBase, CI/CD, Scrum | up to 75.000
Vacancy: Scala Software Engineer Utrecht
- Do you want to chance to work for one of the technologically advanced and well-funded startups in the Netherlands ?
- How about working with some of the smartest coding minds around?
- What about the chance to work with Scala, Akka, Graph Databases, Hbase, Zookeeper, Spark, Groovy and advances mathematics and statistics?
Wait no more! This is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: Building advanced technology for a global audience
This is a radically technologically advanced software startup that are working hard to complete their product, while already services very prestigious clients. Scalability, performance, flexibility and code quality are paramount within the company.
As they are a spinoff of a very well-funded technology company. For you this translates in all the benefits of a startup, just without the drawbacks. The keenest minds chose to step out of the parent company to realize this amazing technology company. They are highly agile, contribute to multiple open source projects and invest highly in education (€ 5.000+ per person per year).
The culture is energetic, very much fun, highly collaborative and everyone has a great passion for software development. They regularly have casual drinks and like to go into town together for a well-deserved lunch. They are located very close by to Utrecht central station so can easily be reached by public transport but even have parking places for those who would like to come by car.
Your job: Scala Software Engineer Utrecht
As Scala Software Engineer Utrecht you will be part of hyper intelligent team of a very passionate and open minded group of coders that love collaboration, no big ego’s! All of your colleagues are highly senior so you will work with the best of the best. Thought you could not learn from a colleague anymore? Those times are over!
As they love to push the boundaries of what can be done they always try to work with the best technologies for the job. They are big proponents of functional programming and at the moment are working with Scala, Akka Reactive Streams, HBase, Zookeeper, Spark, Groovy and their own built graph database. You will work on one of the many features that still need to be developed to make this product an even bigger success.
At the moment they are even working on an advanced anomaly detector. So even for people with a background in advanced mathematics and statistics there are challenges to sink your teeth into!
What is required?
- Good experience with functional programming (preferably Scala)
- A dying passion for developing software (all of your colleagues are the same)
- You like to learn new technologies to see how a problem can be solved even better
- Product minded, TDD and quality driven
- Communicative and a great collaborator
- Experience with graph or NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with the Spark family is a plus
- Experience with Angular and Node are pluses
- the willingness to work full stack is a plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 75.000 per year based on knowledge and experience
- + Yearend bonus
- The best of the best hardware
- Flexible working hours
- € 5000 training budget per year
- 6 training days per year
- Excellent pension
- Regular knowledge sessions
- 25 holidays
- The possibility to work part time