Vacature Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Computing | Be the Technical Vision & Direction of high Tech Cloud/SaaS systems | Java8, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Cloud, Docker | up to € 100.000 + 15%
Your job: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Computing
- Are you a brilliant software architect with excellent experience and vision on building big scale SaaS/Cloud systems?
- Are you up to help multiple very talented development teams define and build their very challenging roadmap, with systems that process data of over hundreds of million users throughout Europe?
- Do you love inspiring and helping very already excellent software engineers to be even better?
- Do you think next to a technical challenge it is important to have fun?
Then oh boy, have we got the job for you!
Your employer: Online serving hundreds of millions of people all over the world!
This Amsterdam based marvel of a technology company is the undisputed champion in building highly scalable, available and performant systems. Which they of course have to be, servicing hundreds of millions of online customers all over the world!
As they have direct ties to silicon valley they embrace innovation, agile development AND making fun like no other! They constantly invest in R&D, excellent office facilities, flexible working hours, gym memberships, the best hardware, company trips and visiting conferences and meetup. They have built a culture in which even though they hire the best engineers out there, nobody gets hired that is not also fun to be around! That is why their retention is so high! People love to work here! Working here means working on the most complex problems out there and having lots of fun with some of the most inspired people out there!
Your role: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Computing
To be truly global they are organized locally. They have elite development teams in every country all over the world. They use Amsterdam as their main European hub to scale up their development efforts and this is great news for you! At the moment they are scaling up core teams in Amsterdam that build highly scalable, performant, 24/7 available cloud/SaaS systems and services that are consumed by hundreds of millions of people all throughout Europe.
We are currently looking for a Lead Software Architect that can be the technical mentor, vision, direction and inspirator to multiple elite development teams here in Amsterdam. You will help define and implement a very challenging roadmap for multiple SAAS/Cloud based core products/key systems. In your role as (hands on) Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Computing you will lead and mentor the other development leads, offer technical leadership and strong vision and will help grow already very talented, inspired and experienced software engineers to the next level. You will help define/improve architecture, improve scalability and integration and help convince top management for the ideas you and your teams come up with.
You are responsible from inspiration and direction until delivery. You will not only be working with cutting edge technologies around highly scalable cloud/SaaS systems or be working with some of the best engineers in the market, there is a very big chance for you to define your own role! Are you up for this amazing journey?
What is required?
- Proven technical leadership experience, having led multiple development teams
- Multiple years of hands on experience building highly scalable multi-tenant systems
- Multiple years of Java software engineering experience
- Excellent knowledge of code quality, data structures, design patterns and open source
- Polyglot experience & mindset
- Experience with multiple SQL and NoSQL databases
- A good communicator; able convey your ideas to both tech and business
- Experience with Golang, Scala OR Python would be a big plus
- Experience with Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Cloud Deployment is a big plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 100.000 gross per year + 10% bonus
- An indefinite contract!
- The possibility to work 40, 36 and 32 hours
- Flexible working hours
- 35.000 in company stock
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 1/6th of daycare paid for you
- Discount on gym membership
- Free massages every 2 weeks
- Public transportation paid for you
- A relocation package (if needed)
- Big budget for training, courses, seminars and meetups
- a 1 month sabbatical every 5 years of working here
Are you are brilliant technologist looking to help brilliant software engineers to be even better suited to service hundreds of millions of people each day?
Please send your CV to Robert Hawker via firstname.lastname@example.org