Vacature Java Developer Amsterdam | Greenfield Projects Fintech industry | Java8, Kotlin, Microservices, Security, Docker and ElasticSearch | Up to €75.000
Your job: Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love to work on very tangible products that make the life easier for thousands of storekeepers, consumers and public transportation users?
- Do you like to work on greenfield systems, doing R&D and always having the chance to choose the most modern stack for the job?
- How about working with Java8, Kotlin, Microservices, Security, Docker and ElasticSearch?
- Then this might just be the job you have been looking for!
Your employer: Smart greenfield high availability for FinTech and Public Transport
If you took the bus or train to work today or went out shopping this weekend it’s highly likely you have encountered one of the very smart systems/products developed by this technology company. The radical innovations surrounding payments, contactless payments, mobile devices and NFS to name a few their market is really taking off!
It’s pretty cool to work for an organization where your products are everywhere around us. Their solutions have very high constraints, as they need to be available 24/7 and are used by thousands of not millions of people, day in day out. At the heart of their success is camaraderie, passion for technology and collaboration. That is why they all work together from their office, even though they work on various product for different (global) clients. That means you always work with colleagues you know and trust, based on your own agile processes and best software engineering practices.
If you like to work in a culture which is tech heavy you have come to the right address. The bulk of the people working here are software engineers (generally even since an early age). Even a group of hardware engineers walk amongst the ranks. Which is why you could find experiments being doing with NFC or raspberry pies.
You job: Java Developer Amsterdam
As Java Developer Amsterdam you will work on brand new greenfield product development for customers. These are projects that generally run between 1 to 2 years and are done for clients with which they generally have a long relationship where they have already impressed and built trust. So there is really room to build the quality you and your team like and can be proud of!
You will be involved from the beginning, so from architecture, design to 2 monthly sprints in which the product will take more and more shape as time goes on. You will get to build innovative product for the Public Transportation and Fintech industry which will be used by thousands of people with a 24/7 uptime
As you always start projects with a clean slate, there is a lot of opportunity to do R&D and choose the best stack for the job. This also means you have the chance to do more than Java alone if you want. You could also work with React, React Native or even do some mobile development if you like. If you want to work on highly visible products that are heavily used in everyday life by hundreds of thousands of people you have to the right address!
As here almost everyone is a software engineer they can offer you a great career perspective. Medior have the chance to grow to senior and start mentoring people or focus on technology (or both). Seniors can grow into lead developers or even software architects. Being the technical starting point of any client wish, setting up the team, defining architecture and helping to build the solution.
What is required?
- 2+ years of professional java development experience
- A passion for quality development
- Bachelor or Masters working level
- Experience with Kotlin, Groovy or Java8 is a nice to have
- Experience with Microservices or Rest is a nice to have
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or JPA/Hibernate is a plus
- Experience with Reactive Programming and/or Security is a plus
- Experience with Cloud, NoSQL and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kibana is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 45.000 and € 75.000 per year based on added value
- The choice between a contract of 40, 36 or 32 hours
- Fully paid pension
- 27 holidays
- Working from home possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Free lunches
- Training budget
- Travelling costs compensated
- An indefinite contract from the get go!
Do you want to work with you technically passionate colleagues to build innovative greenfield projects that are used by thousands of not millions of people daily?
Be sure to send your CV to Robert via email@example.com