Vacature Experienced Java Developer Amsterdam | Help build a highly concurrency and scalable platform serving over half a million consumers | Reactive Programming, Java8, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Spring, Scrum, DevOps | up to € 72.000 + stock options
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Would you like to make an impact within a young, successful van quickly growing consumer product company with over half a million user and growing?
- Do you like to solve complex problems around reactive programming, concurrency, scalability and performance?
- How about working in a small back end team of very intelligent and experienced engineers?
- And to top it all off: working in an awesome (easy to reach) office location in Amsterdam?
Then is might just be the job for you!
Your employer: Amazingly well funded international product company with over half a million consumer users and growing!
Joining this young successful consumer technology company now has never been more interesting! In just a short time they have built a platform that is already being used by over half a million consumers in multiple countries. They have a very loyal user base (some that even use the product up to 20 times a day. In their short existence it is very interesting to note that they are already making profit!
As they are led by a CTO that has more than earned his credits in product development, open source, cloud technology and building highly concurrent and scalable systems you will experience a full on technology driven culture where tech is seen as the core asset of the company. For you this translates on working with very intelligent and experienced colleagues, having regular hackathons for new fresh ideas, working on the best hardware, 5 days per year to go to conferences all expenses paid and working with the most modern tooling, development processes and infrastructure.
To top this all off they offer people that have been working here for 1 year plus the opportunity to work from their native country for 1 month per year!
Your job: Experienced Java Developer Amsterdam
At their core is a passionate, high quality, experienced back end software team working on their highly flexible, concurrent and scalable platform which serves data to both of their mobile clients. The great thing is that you and your colleagues work based on Reactive Programming and an Actor Based Model. As experienced java developer Amsterdam you will be involved in the very beginning of the feature design so you can really help make an impact. This will allow you to come up with cool ideas early on that can be used by hundreds of thousands or people!
You will get to extend and maintain key features to the platform while keeping it running top notch, with a user base than will reach over a million in a year. All while working closely with your mobile colleagues. You will help increase the efficiency so it can cope with heavy concurrency while adding new awesome features.
If you are someone that loves increasing the efficiency of systems this really is a job for you, as all software engineers are involved in both development as well as deployment. They build systems, not just software! This will allow you to have maximum control, from feature design until production (and getting direct feedback from a very large group of loyal users!).
What is required?
- 2+ years of java software development experience with a modern stack
- Experience with building systems where concurrency and scalability are important
- Experience with building and deploying systems
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Reactive Programming and Actor based systems are pluses
- Experience with Java8, Spring and Groovy is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra and queuing technology like RabbitMQ is a plus
- Experience with DevOps is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch is plus
- Experience with Git, Cucumber, Puppet and Teamcity are pluses
- Experience with Automated Testing is a plus
- Experience with Scrum is a plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 71.000 gross per year based on 40 hours
- 25 days
- Flexible working hours
- Travelling compensation
- Laptop or Macbook
- Stock options!
- Amazing lunches made by a professional cook
- 5 training days per year
- 1 month working from your native country remotely after working here for 1 year
- Training budget
Interested in joining this success story?