Vacature Distributed Lead Golang Software Engineer Amsterdam | Set up a new Elite Team to build a platform that processes for hundreds of millions of consumers all over the world | Golang, Microservices, Cassandra, Sharding, Automated Cloud Deployment, ElasticSearch | up to € 100.000 + 15% bonus
The job: Distributed Lead Golang Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you have great experience with multithreading and sharding?
- Would you like to lead a team of the best of the best distributed software engineers?
- Would you like to work for a dedicated technology company with its roots deeply embedded in silicon valley?
- Are you experienced in designing and building highly distributed systems with a 24/7 uptime and would you like to take your career it to the next level?
- Do you love to work on software that directly impacts hundreds of millions of consumer users all over the world?
- How about getting an indefinite contract, earning up to € 100k per year + 10% bonus?
Then you have come to the right place!
Your employer: Distributed Computing, highly agile and consumer focused, all over the globe!
Working here is well known to be one of the best steps you could ever make to bring your career within distributed software engineering to the top level within the Amsterdam region, or the Netherlands for that matter.
The culture is highly agile, software engineers are viewed as the core assets of the company and following the latest software engineering best practices are seen as a standard. You would not need to convince anyone over here that you need time to go to meetups, clean coding is the way to go, visiting seminars (all over the world) is good to so, getting company paid books for or getting time to try out a new PoC makes sens. Those are no brainers over here! As lots of engineers work here just think of the amount of experienced you could exchange with each other!
So what do they do? These elite multidisciplinary agile teams work hard to supply hundreds millions of consumers and business users alike with unique online services. This means working on multiple products, components and tools that deal with huge loads and need to scale beyond your wildest dreams. They affect millions of users in the Netherlands, but hundreds of millions of users all over the globe. How about that?
Your role: Distributed Lead Golang Software Engineer Amsterdam
Ok, so where do you come in? At this moment a totally new elite team of software engineer is being formed to design and build a systems that processes communication of all of the hundreds of millions of customer that use they systems day day out, in all times zones. You will get to solve complex problems around scaling, sharding, multithreading and automated cloud deployment.
To bring these vast tast to a success you will first help to build a team of the best distributed software engineers around while helping to define, design and implement complex, highly distributed and always available services while automating cloud deployment, all while working closely with your team in Amsterdam and in different countries all over the world. As you are part of a global network you can reach out to colleagues here in the Netherlands or anywhere over the world for help. Think of what can be learned!
This is a hands on role where you translate business and product requirements into development projects good design, great code and high quality results. Furthermore will act as mentor to rate and guide your engineers on their performance and coach them on their career progression.
What is required?
- Vast experience in designing and building distributed solutions
- Experience with Golang!
- Strong technical leadership abilities
- Excellent comprehension of data structures, scalability and performance issues
- Experience with multithreading and sharding
- Strong communicator; being able to work within other highly intelligent multicultural colleagues
- Experience with agile and clean coding
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Experience with automating cloud deployment would be a plus
- Master graduate would be a plus
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra) would be a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark (or similar technology) or Apache Nomad would be a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch would be a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 80.000 and € 100.000 per year, based on knowledge and experience
- + 15% year end bonus
- The best tools and hardware to work with!
- training budget (even go abroad!)
- flexible working hours
- possibility to work from home when needed
- 26 vacation days
- travelling costs compensation
- excellent pension
- € 40 net compensation per month
- company lunches
- discount on child care
- an indefinite contract from the get go!