Vacature Software Engineering Manager Amsterdam / Director | Build the Amsterdam Office of this Hyper Growth Sillicon Valley Consumer Product Company! | € 130.000 + stock
Your job: Software Engineering Manager Amsterdam / Director
- Have you always wanted to be there at the beginning phase of a hyper growth silicon valley consumer product company?
- Do you have a great experience with consumer product development with lots of concurrent users?
- Do you have a track record building the best software engineering teams, adhering to the latest software engineering standards?
- How about working on a software product with the potential to be used by hundreds of millions of people all around the world?
Then please read on!
Your employer: Bringing silicon valley dreams to Amsterdam!
Have you always read the stories of the silicon valley product company dreams being launched and thought: “If only I had the chance to have been there!”? Have you ever heard about an idea for a product that seems so logical, you wonder why it hadn’t been invented before? Then you have come to the right place!
After the insane success (and growth) in the US, this (cross-platform) product company is now opening up shop here in Amsterdam to build their second 1st tier development centre. The goal is to make use of the great software engineering talent pool and product development culture to take over the European market. Started only a couple of years ago and backed by huge capital they are growing at a blistering pace!
The great thing is that their product makes the lives of both their company and consumer clients so much easier. It almost sells itself! And this is exactly the energy you feel while working for this company! They truly believe in it. They combine technical excellence with a passion to reshape their industry and improve the lives of the millions of people they touch. It’s safe to say they are very driven to now lay the foundation for the second chapter of their great story here in the silicon valley of Europe: Amsterdam.
That is why we are now looking to recruit the best product minded Software Engineering Manager / Director the help build a top notch Amsterdam development centre that will rival (if not exceed) their US office.
Your role: Software Engineering Manager Amsterdam / Director
As one of the first hires in Amsterdam, you will be the technical leader for their expansion into Europe. As the US and European markets differ you will be the product development leader to help the CEO and CTO bring their innovative “baby’ to Europe and roll out this product to the European masses. Therefore a track record within product development, a good understanding of the European market and scaling up software engineering product teams is paramount. You will be the operational and cultural bridge between the US and Amsterdam.
The Amsterdam office is targeted to be a self-supporting development entity, where a lot of (greenfield) work still needs to be done. This is definitely not a mere satellite office! You have great autonomy and responsibility to truly shape this in office in what you know it can be! You will be hired as software engineering director Amsterdam, although initially as the office is small you will also act as software development manager Amsterdam.
As Software Engineering Manager Amsterdam / Director you will be instrumental in devising and implementing a plan to scale up their Amsterdam office, combining building urgent high-quality custom features with a long term technical roadmap. Working close with Product and other stakeholders you will be responsible to identify goals and product milestones.
Furthermore will be responsible for hiring the best of the best software engineering talent to work together and building an amazing tech culture where people really want to work and can truly excel. As you and your teams will be working on very heavy lead systems, that are being used by hundreds of thousands of concurrent users technical excellence is paramount!
What is required?
- An impressive track record scaling up one or more software/product companies (not merely managing a great number of development teams after they were built)
- A great track record in technical leadership, building great teams and leading through change
- Experience hiring and growing the best software engineers (backend, frontend, mobile)
- (past) hands-on software engineering experience within high tech java (or JVM) environments (you speak their language and have their respect)
- Experience developing (consumer) facing heavy load (internet) applications
- Excellent knowledge of product development lifecycles and continuous improvements
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
What is offered:
- Between € 110.000 and € 130.000 per year, based on experience and added value
- Company stock!
- Good pension
- 25 days
- Travelling cost compensation
- The rest if for you to implement: all for the best software engineering culture! J