Vacature Software Development Manager Amsterdam | Chat Systems | ProdDev | Mission Critical Backend Systems That Cater to Hundreds of Millions of Consumers| € 135.000 + 20% Bonus
Your job: Software Development Manager Amsterdam Chat Systems
- Would you like to hired, grown and led multiple autonomous highly skilled backend engineering teams working on mission-critical backend systems processing billions of messages per day from all over the globe?
- Do you love being part of a globally operating online tech company that services hundreds of million consumers every day?
- Do you have domain expertise in trust, fraud detection, communication technology, chat and/or user-generated content?
- How about earning up to € 169.000 in your first year and receiving an indefinite contact from day one?
Sounds interesting? Then wait no longer, this might be your new job!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfill a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick-ass engineering culture!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving them the trust, autonomy and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge sharing groups, open-source contributions, and overall a super friendly and very expat-friendly culture.
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. Some of the biggest European countries are also being onboarded at the moment, which will increase the number of users by hundreds of millions more. Adding to all sorts of interesting challenges!
That is why we are now looking for a Software Development Manager Amsterdam to lead multiple highly skilled backend engineering teams that work on the very business-critical communication and trust systems.
Your role: Software Development Manager Amsterdam Chat Systems
As Software Development Manager Amsterdam Chat Systems you will be leading multiple highly skilled backend engineering teams in Amsterdam to build the next generation trust and communication services that will be used by hundreds of millions more users. You and your teams will be working on globally operating, heavily distributed, highly available (24/7 uptime) and super secure mission-critical backend systems. With services building with Java, Kotlin, some Go and running on GCP.
You will be working closely with your peer Head of Product on global services to define the vision, translate that into roadmaps and technology, while driving this throughout your teams (5 tech lead direct reports in Amsterdam). As these services are growing you can look forward to growing these teams and with that your impact and career perspective within the organization. Within your role, you will be able to maximize your effectiveness by building strategic partnerships within the organization.
Within your role, you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- Multiple years of experience leading cross-functional agile engineering teams
- Experience managing multiple development teams (4+ teams, led through tech leads) that build solutions that handle a heavy backend load
- Demonstrated experience with hiring and developing highly skilled software engineers
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong communicator and people facilitator
- Experience within the domain of User Profiling, Reputation, Communication/Chat Systems, Identity Management and/or User-Generated Content
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science is a plus
- A background within a product environment
What is offered?
- Between € 110.000 and € 135.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 20% yearend bonus!
- + € 7.000 one-time bonus in your first year
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- Travel cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- bicycle plan every 3 years
- after 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
Are you a strong technological leader that would love to help engineer the next generation of mission-critical communication systems that cater to hundreds of millions of people every day?