Vacature Software Architect Amsterdam | Highly Scalable Greenfield Challenges with Direct Impact on Millions of End Users | Go, GCP, Kubernetes, GraphQL, K8S, Kafka | €102.000 + 5% bonus + permanent contract!
Your job: Software Architect Amsterdam
- Would you like technical leadership and ultimate responsibility in building mission-critical scalable systems from scratch for Europe’s leading companies?
- How does it sound like to be part of a highly ambitious engineering culture where you can lead the most inquisitive and ambitious engineers and continuously share knowledge about areas such as Cloud-Native, Event-Driven Architecture, AI, scalability, and Blockchain?
- Would you say yes to a 5% end-of-year bonus, 22 energetic knowledge-sharing sessions per year, a new laptop + mobile phone every 2 years, speaking and attending conferences, many home working options, and a permanent contract?
Then read on, this job is made for you!
Your employer: Thé Thought Leader of Europe within software engineering for decades
More than two decades ago, two entrepreneurs who no longer had to do it for money came up with a plan: we are going to let the best engineers excel on the most interesting challenges, always using the latest technologies! The result is a leading company that has grown to become the Thought Leader within modern software engineering in Europe. Many speak at inspiring conferences, write books or contribute to impactful open source projects.
This 100% tech company empowers impactful, consumer-centric businesses with millions of end users to harness the power of automation across industries such as eHealth, autonomous driving, FinTech, and e-commerce. They only bite into greenfield challenges in which they can take a leading role and make a real impact! Full of architecture/design, complex challenges and always working with passionate and very capable team members. Fun, impact, learning, inspiration, you have it all here!
Your role: Software Architect Amsterdam
As a Software Architect Amsterdam, you get the unique opportunity to be the ultimate technical responsible and bridge between business and technology in the most challenging greenfield and long-term software projects in Europe. Together with your team, you will be called in to take the lead and lay the foundation for the success of major tech companies!
In one of these projects, you will shape the design and development of mission-critical communication systems of the largest Classifieds in Europe with hundreds of millions of consumers every day! You will also help with setting up the architecture, and migration to GCP, and the performance should be quadrupled. So more than enough challenges for the coming years!
In another cool project, you will build the webshop of one of the leading retail chains from scratch! Every day millions of consumers buy the items here that are important in their daily lives. Talk about the impact on humanity!
Because you will be part of the European Thought Leader in software engineering, here you have many ways to expand your circle of influence. Think of speaking at conferences, giving training courses, or becoming a guru in a theme in which you like to excel!
What is required?
- Minimum of 7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Polyglot mindset and professional experience with multiple backend languages (including Golang)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with architecture, design, mentoring and giving training
- Clean Coding, Unit Testing, Automated Testing, or End-to-End testing are the standard for you
- Experience with scalability within cloud/microservices environments
- A technical university degree or a comparable level is a plus
- Experience in open source development and being active within software communities are pluses
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Event Driven Architecture, or Cloud-Native are pluses
What is on offer?
- Between €92.000 and €102.000 per year based on knowledge and added value
- Permanent contract for an indefinite period!
- €5.000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- 5% end-of-year bonus
- Choice of a 36 or 40 hour contract
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- New hardware & accessories every two years!
- A new phone every two years + unlimited calls
- Solid pension
- Very inspiring colleagues and knowledge spaces
- Lots of space to attend conferences
Would you like to be the ultimate responsible architect at highly scalable greenfield challenges with a direct impact on millions of end users?