Vacature Senior Scala Developer Rijswijk | Scala, Akka, Cloud, DDD | Product that will be used by Millions! | Scala, Akka, NoSQL, Cloud, Docker | up to € 80.000
Your job: Senior Scala Developer Rijswijk
- Do you want to work for a very successful scale up with big funding and great ambitions?
- Would you like to work on an innovative product with complex business logic that in a couple of year will be used by millions of people daily?
- Do you want to help define the technical vision for the future together with the CTO?
- How about working with Scala, Akka, cloud and help choose another interesting tech?
Then wait no longer, this is your job!
Your employer: Building a very innovative product suite that will be the standard for how millions of Europeans will be able to do business online
This in the Rijswijk region based tech scale up is in the very comfortable position of working on a product suite that is already in demand by very large clients. Based on Scala, true agile and reactive programming they are building a brand-new way for millions of consumers to act and do business over any digital touchpoint. Their potential for the applications is enormous, which is why they have received lots of funding and are now scaling up significantly, without compromising on quality.
Their culture is very open, informal, but very driven with a can-do mentality. The founders are very experienced and have worked for the bigger tech giants and know all too well how to build very successful technology companies. If you want to work with people that love to think about solutions and getting things done, you have come to the right place!
Your role: Senior Scala Developer Rijswijk
In your role Senior Scala Developer Rijswijk you will get to play a pivotal role in the further success of the company. As together with the CTO you will get to help further define the technical vision for the future. You will further help implement DDD and help model their very complex domain. You will help improve how the various development teams work and improve feedback loops while acting as a coach for other backend engineers.
You will act as a hands-on team lead for the backend engineers, mainly working in Scala/Akka. Although there is a lot of room to add new technologies (Golang? Kotlin?) to the stack and you will help play a pivotal role in this. Of course, you will not only be involved in architecture, modelling, vision and leadership but will also get to show off your own coding skills. As the company is scaling up you will also have the chance to help build/keep a great software engineering culture that adheres to the latest standards around craftsmanship.
What is required?
- Experience hands-on leading one or more development teams
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Professional development experience with Scala and Akka
- Experience working within a microservices architecture
- A quality mindset: (CI, proper testing, etc)
- Good communicator
- Experience with NoSQL is a big plus
- Experience with Cloud is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka is a big plus
- Experience with secure messaging, privacy or security by design is a big plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 80.000 gross per year based on knowledge, experience and added value
- 100% fully paid pension
- 25 holidays
- The possibility to work 40, 36 or 32 hours
- 1 day to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Travelling compensation paid for you
- MacBook or laptop
Are you a senior backend engineer with great architectural/design abilities with a JVM experience and would you like to help make a lasting impact on millions of consumers in the coming year?