Vacature Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam Region | Build Real Time Streaming Technology for other Engineers! | FP, Scala, ZIO, ScalaZ, Akka Streams, Kafka | € 90.000 + 10% bonus
Your job: Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love functional programming, Scala, real-time event processing, streaming data and software craftsmanship?
- Do you love working on non-trivial engineering challenges that enable engineers from all over the world to be more successful?
- Do you like to impact of working for an amazingly well-funded scale-up offering up to 15% bonus, € 5.000 training budget and the possibility to get company stock in the future?
Then this might be the job for you!
Your employer: Valuable insights for high caliber engineers based on real-time streaming data
This successful medium-sized product company is developing a state-of-the-art SaaS/Cloud Native suite enabling software development teams all over the world to pinpoint and solve pain points within complex IT environment and be able to make better decisions by using the power of real-time streaming data. Here you get to work with some of the smartest minds on real-time data processing and functional programming.
They have a very high standard of software craftsmanship and are known for the knowledge exchange sessions, having spoken on seminars, contributing to open source projects and overall having an amazing code base. Every 3 sprints they take 1 full week to work out technical dept, upgrade tooling and/or improve their development processes or pipeline. If you want to work with high-caliber engineers that bring craftsmanship to the next level you have come to the right place!
They have a very high standard of software craftsmanship and are known for the knowledge exchange sessions, having spoken on seminars, contributing to open source projects and overall having an amazing code base. Every 3 sprints they take 1 full week to work out technical dept, upgrade tooling and/or improve their development processes or pipeline. If you want to work with high calibre engineers that bring craftsmanship to the next level you have come to the right place!
Your role: Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam
As Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam you will work within one of their elite team, currently tasked to build their automatic analysis and routing system. This enables clients to detect and store bottlenecks within their IT environment and being able to offer noise reduction to correctly pinpoint pain points. This will enable amazing new possibilities to offer the market.
You will get to analyze and solve greenfield challenges around processing real-time streaming data that have never been solved before. Where you can really take the lead and in architecture and design. Also, you will have time to invest in R&D, improving scalability and performance and finding even better market for the systems you and your colleagues develop.
Once hired you can also be eligible for company stock, so you can join in the success when the company makes it big!
What is required?
- 5+ years of backend experience
- Professional experience with Scala
- Experience with designing technology/solutions from scratch when no other technology would suffice
- Experience with the scalable processing of streaming data
- Experience with Kafka (or similar technology is highly preferred)
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with ZIO, scalaz and/or cats is a plus
- Experience within an AWS environment is a big plus
What is offered?
- Between € 75.000 and € 90.000 based on knowledge and added value
- Working 1 to 2 days from the offer post corona and the rest from home!
- Stock options!
- An amazing office
- 5 – 10% year-end bonus
- 20 knowledge exchange sessions per year with some of the most inspiring colleagues you could wish
- 4 team events per year
- € 5.000 training budget per year
- Public transportation fully paid
- A brand new laptop/MacBook + accessories every 2 years + phone
- ADSL at home paid for you
- If applicable: Relocation assistance when coming from abroad (visa + housing paid for first 2 months)
Do you love Scala, functional programming, working with passionate colleagues, and making a big impact within a medium-sized technology company?