Vacature Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam | Take a very tangible B2C product to the next level | 10+ million of unique end-users | Scala, Microservices, Cassandra, K8s, GCP & Elasticsearch | €85.000 + 10% bonus + permanent contract!
Vacancy: Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam
- Do you enjoy working on a highly tangible B2C platform used by millions of people?
- Do you enjoy working with high-caliber Software Engineers who are champions in building highly scalable systems?
- Do you like to take ownership, make decisions about architecture and do you like to share your vision and knowledge of Software Engineering?
- What do you think of a permanent contract, 10% end-of-year bonus, 1 day a week to the office and a large training budget?
Then don’t wait any longer, because then we have the job for you!
Your employer: Builds highly successful B2C platform used by millions of people!
This medium-sized tech company in Amsterdam is building a highly successful B2C platform that is used by millions of people. In fact, with millions of unique users per month, this widely used platform is very tangible and even recognized by friends and family. That’s an impact! The company is small enough to know everyone, but the impact is huge. So as an individual contributor you can still make enough impact on the product and take it to the next level!
You will work in an experienced team of high-caliber Software Engineers who are champions in building and processing highly scalable systems. This gives you the opportunity to not only work with them, but also to spar and learn from them. The success mainly stems from the close collaboration of both business and tech. You are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle: from designing to building, to release and monitoring. You build it, you run it!
People here attach great importance to both personal and professional development. For example, they organize weekly knowledge-sharing sessions, but they also offer an individual training budget and there is room to go to conferences. This ensures that you become the best version of yourself. The sky’s the limit. Moreover, the staff is their most important asset. To demonstrate this, they offer an excellent work-life balance and secondary conditions. You immediately receive a permanent contract, you share in the profit (10% annual bonus), you receive a training budget and you only have to be in the office for 1 or 2 days! So you can focus on what you like best: building software.
Your role: Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam
As a Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam you can choose from backend/platform work or product development. These self-directed and cross-functional teams both face technical challenges around scalability and high-availability not easily found elsewhere (with millions of unique users and 99.9% uptime). You build high-quality software products that you can be proud of! Switching teams within the organization is no problem at all here. This variation allows people to learn a lot more, work longer here and never get bored.
You get the chance to start working professionally with Scala. Do you have no professional experience with this yet, but would you like to learn this? No problem! You will have the unique opportunity to learn this from your experienced and passionate colleagues and to work with it professionally.
There are various growth opportunities within the company. You can grow towards something you REALLY want here. This way you can grow into Tech Lead, Domain Architect, or even Development Manager. This gives you 100% choice in which direction you want to grow and you can do what you love most!
What is being asked?
- 5+ years of professional experience in backend development in Scala, Java or Kotlin
- A completed BSc or MSc technical education, such as Computer Science
- The will to work professionally with Scala
- Professional experience with Scala is a plus
- Experience working on scalable systems is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience within public Cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL such as Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
What is offered?
- Between €70.000 and €85.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 10% year bonus!
- Permanent contract from the start!
- 26 vacation days
- Laptop or MacBook
- Generous training budget
- Freedom to attend seminars or take courses
- Travel allowance
- Working remotely (1 to 2 days at the office)
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on gym membership
- A bicycle plan every 3 years
- After having worked for 5 years, a sabbatical for 1 month
Would you help bring this B2C product to a higher level as Senior Scala Developer Amsterdam?