Vacature Senior Polyglot Software Engineer Amsterdam | Greenfield impact within distributed systems |Kotlin, Java11, NodeJS, Golang, Scala, Cloud, Kubernetes | Up to € 96.160,-
Your job: Senior Polyglot Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Are you hungry for learning new technology and do you enjoy sparring with people who share the same passion?
- Do you see technology like Golang, Kotlin, Java11, Scala, NodeJS, Cloud and Kubernetes as a means to an end and would you like to use them in greenfield projects?
- How about a € 5,000 training budget, 20 knowledge sessions, 6 innovation days, very inspiring colleagues, a permanent contract and income of up to € 89.000 per year?
Then this could just be the job for you!
Your employer: The software engineers who help leading customers in the new world!
Bring together the best boys and girls from class, give them plenty of room for self-development, knowledge sharing, growth and only focus on complex software engineering projects where they can really make the difference.
Years later, this success story can no longer be stopped. This inspiring club of software engineering professionals is very successful in the fields of architecture, software development, automated testing, agile coaching, data engineering, (native) cloud, monitoring and delivery automation.
There is a separate unit for each discipline that never exceeds 50 specialists, so it feels personal, informal and knowledge can flow freely. Everyone is happy to help each other to develop! And the nice thing besides that there is a huge amount of cross-fertilization of knowledge on the two weekly sessions. Finally, you will meet a great many people that even you can still learn from!
Currently, we are looking for the best software engineers and architects for their very successful and quite famous software engineering unit. These guys are THE specialists when it comes to modern polyglot software engineering, combining concepts like reactive programming, distributes system development, native cloud, delivery + test automation and containerization.
How do you build high-performance, highly available, scalable, cloud-based applications that excel the core processes of famous, cash rich and consumer facing customers? If you want to have a board level technological impact in the tech ecosystem of the Netherlands, you have come to the right place!
Your job: Senior Polyglot Software Engineer Amsterdam
As Senior Polyglot Software Engineer Amsterdam you and your squad of very experienced and energetic colleagues help to translate challenges into technology in greenfield projects that last 1 year or longer (if you like). In this job you always keep on being challenged, as once the most exciting work is done, you help transfer knowledge to the customer and you and you A-team move on to the next interesting issue.
You will never work on a project here that will “just generate money for the company”. Here you always help a customer from A to B. Make an impact! That is what it is all about!
Here you can work on challenges like:
- How do you help a startup of medical devices to automate their entire ordering process?
- How to do move one of the biggest eCommerce players in the world into the cloud?
- How do you help a paper-based retailer move online and cater to millions of their customers?
- How do you build the best software engineering cultures that freely share knowledge and adhere to modern best practices?
These are some of the many challenges you are bound to face when working here!
Currently, they work a lot with Kotlin, Java11, NodeJS, Golang, Cloud (native) and Kubernetes. But this list is of course continuously updated because of people like you. Together you keep each other sharp. In the meantime you help develop less experienced colleagues, to get the best out of themselves.
Growth opportunities as a Senior Polyglot Software Engineer Amsterdam
Within the unit, you can grow into a lead developer or hands-on software architect. Although, if you want, you could also grow into cloud-native development, data engineering, test automation or any other of the specialized units.
To make sure you continuously grow here you get:
- € 5.000 in training budget
- 6 training days per year
- 20 innovation days per year
- A brand new laptop or MacBook every two years (always the best stuff!)
Do you want to grow?
What is required?
- Minimum a combined 5 years of professional experience with a JVM language, NodeJS and/or Golang
- You see test automation, containerization and cloud as standard elements of your daily work
- Communicative, hungry to invest in yourself and to share knowledge
- HBO / WO technical work and thinking level
- Experience with Microservices architectures is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL technology is a plus
- Experience with Native Cloud development in AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with ELK stack is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 65.000 and € 78,000 per year + € 11,160 per year in mobility allowance on top of your salary + 5% end-of-year bonus
- The choice of a 32, 36 or 40 hour contract
- Every two years a new self to search laptop + accessories of € 3,200
- Every two years a new phone + unlimited calls
- € 5,000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- Lots of space to visit or speak for yourself at conferences
- Flexible working hours
- Good pension
- Very inspiring and knowledge space colleagues
- a permanent contract