Vacature Senior Platform Engineer AWS Amsterdam | Lead international Mission Critical team | ABAC, IAM | AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Python, Istio, Loki, Monitoring | €114.500 + Permanent contract
Your job: Senior Platform Engineer AWS Amsterdam
- Do you want to work for a high performance European operating tech scale-up funded by a very healthy parent company, employing FAANG-level Engineers who are on track to become the biggest in their niche?
- Do you want to be part of performance DevOps team while working with, IAM, ABAC, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Loki, and Docker, and have growth potential to become the lead Platform Engineer?
- Are you a natural leader within working environments and do you love expanding your circle of influence within the company and growing your leadership capabilities?
- Do you want to work for a market leader where there is a remote first policy for an excellent life-work balance, freedom to schedule your own time, receive a €10K yearend bonus on top of your base salary while receiving a permanent contract from day 1?
Then read on, this is your job!
Your employer; innovative tech scale up impacting hundreds of millions of people.
This fast growing tech scale-up based in Amsterdam is operating on a global scale, backed by a larger established organization. Providing the knowhow, capital, and stability for success. Here you get to work on very intellectually stimulating B2C & B2B solutions, used by hundreds of millions of people in the EU and US, where every request is critical so your impact will be of enormous scale!
This mid-size tech-company has an engineering culture of very high standards while offering a great work-life balance, plus a remote first policy. Here the teams get the autonomy to innovate and to work (as platform engineers) with tech such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Loki, Docker, Python, and Golang. Here you are really valued with big training budgets and a permanent contract from day 1!
Your role: Senior Platform Engineer AWS Amsterdam
As Senior Platform Engineer AWS Amsterdam, you will be tasked with building their entire AWS environment further, increasing the technical abilities of the team, and growing the DevOps teams towards a high performing unit.
Together with your team, you can bite down on improving email ingestion, creating tooling in Python and Go, automating the infrastructure with IaC, maintaining the Kubernetes cluster, standardizing the Identity & access management, and setting up Attribute Based Access Control. Were you and your team will be E2E responsible for the entire mission critical enterprise grade infrastructure, impacting people all over the globe?
As someone of impact, you get to be the bridge between technical and non-stakeholder within the company, helping the team further professionalize their workflow. With your tech savvy engineering mind and abilities to glue the team together, you have a direct path to becoming the Platform Engineering Lead.
If you are a hands-on engineer but love improving the productivity of people and tech, this job is for you!
What is being asked?
- Strong communicator and a great team player
- 5+ years of experience within Public Cloud and DevOps.
- 5+ years of experience within Enterprise grade AWS environments
- Experience with IAM, DynamoDB, and S3, load balancing
- Experience with Linux, IaC (preferably Terraform).
- Experience maintaining a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience with running Monitoring (Prometheus is a plus)
- Experience with networking and security is a plus
- Experience with ACAB or service now email ingestion is a plus.
- Building services in either Python, Go or Java is a plus.
- A completed technical BSc or MSc is a plus.
What is being offered?
- Salary between €85.000 – €105.000 + €9.500 yearend bonus gross per year
- Clear growth path to becoming the Lead Platform Engineer.
- Permanent contract from day 1.
- Remote first policy.
- Work 1 month per year remotely abroad
- 25 holidays annually.
- Global Share Participation Plan.
- Solid Pension scheme.
- On call compensation (with basically no downtime all year round)
- Travel allowance.
- Easily accessible office by train and car.
- Trainings budget.
- Internet allowance.
- The newest hardware.
Do you want to become the Senior Platform Engineering of this very successful med-sized tech company with an amazing engineering culture where you can be the one that brings the team together and grow into the position of Lead Platform Engineer?