Vacature Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam | Well-founded Tech Startup with Social Mission for 750 million people | 100% greenfield | Kotlin, Ktor, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Camunda, Microservices & Cryptography | €91.000 + permanent contract
Your job: Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
- Do you enjoy building socially relevant products that have the potential to improve the daily lives of millions of consumers across Europe?
- How do you like working on a product that has yet to be fully built and doing so with technologies like Kotlin, Ktor, Docker, Kubernetes & AWS?
- Do you like the non-trivial engineering challenges surrounding architecture, cryptography, high-availability, scalability and security?
- How do you feel about joining a highly innovative, well-funded FinTech startup with experienced management and helping them build this rocketship and conquer the world?!
Does this sound interesting? Then read on quickly!
Your employer: Well-founded FinTech startup with experienced management: 100% greenfield!
This well-funded FinTech startup is in a very unique position! They put their more than 30 years track record of product building into a brand new product with a very social impact for more than 750 million people!
This brand new tech company is backed by highly successful investors with deep pockets. Furthermore, it was founded by two partner organizations with over 30 years of specialist FinTech knowledge and very experienced management. This gives you all the benefits of working within a fresh start-up, but all the knowledge, expertise and financial resources of more than 30 years of experience!
Sometimes you look at a company and think if only I was there from the start. This is your chance! There is not yet a line of code written here, there is no architecture or ready-made product yet. Only the tech stack has been chosen, but everything here still has to be built and designed completely from scratch. So you can really put your stamp on the end result and create something of quality that you can be proud of!
Plus, their launching customer already has over 100 million transactions per month, and this is just the beginning! Hundreds of millions of people will use their systems every day to operate 24/7 – available secure and scalable. Everyone who works here can tell their friends that very soon they will be using what he/she has built on a daily basis.
Your role: Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
As Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam, you play a fundamental role in enabling this startup to grow, be successful and build the product from scratch. The impact you can have is enormous. You will also work in a team of passionate colleagues who breathe engineering. Self-steering autonomous teams, a lot of freedom, agile, delivery automation, test automation. You don’t have to explain this to anyone!
As a Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam you will work in one of the teams to build the brand new services, led by highly inspiring technical management and platform architect. Here you can put your mark on the end result: the architecture has to be set up, the team has to be set up and not a single line of code has been written yet. So you can literally be there from the start. How do you build the various services that can process hundreds of millions of transactions per day 24/7 and are used by millions of people? You’re going to get into that. High-availability, scalability, cryptography and security, you have to deal with everything. This gives you years of non-trivial engineering challenges to solve so that you can continuously challenge yourself and never a boring day.
Once you and your colleagues have laid the foundation, the road is ready for further growth! You can choose to keep making progress as a senior or to grow into a team lead/architect.
What is being asked?
- From 4+ years of professional backend development experience with a JVM language
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot, SQL, automated testing and concurrency/threading
- Good product mindset
- Experience with Asynchronous programming is a plus
- Professional experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Technical BSc or MSc work and thinking level
- Experience/knowledge of Cryptography is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as AWS, Google, Azure is a plus
- Experience within FinTech is a plus
- You are passionate about delivering quality
What is on offer?
- Between €75.000 and €91.000, based on knowledge, experience and added value
- Remote working (up to 4 days a week!!)
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- Choice of a 40 hour, 32 or 36 contract
- 25 vacation days
- Mobile and laptop
- Flexible working hours
- Training budget
- Travel allowance
- The opportunity of a lifetime!
Do you want to build this rocketship as a Senior Kotlin Developer Amsterdam and conquer all of Europe?