Vacature Senior Java Software Engineer ML Amsterdam | Build a new machine learning layer for super high available distributed system for hundreds of millions consumers worldwide | Java11, Spring Boot, Docker, Spanner, Cassandra, GCP, Kafka, Python, Spark | € 82.000 + 10% bonus + € 5000
Vacancy: Senior Java Software Engineer ML Amsterdam
- Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary highly skilled engineering team working on mission critical backend systems processing billions of messages per day from all over the globe?
- Do you love being part of a globally operating online tech company that services hundreds of million consumers every day?
- Do you like to solve big data and Machine Learning greenfield challenges?
- What do you think about working with technologies Java, Spring Boot, Docker, Spanner, Cassandra, GCP, Kafka, Python, Spark?
Sound cool to you? Well, don’t wait any longer!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of millions of online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfil a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick ass engineering culture!
They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving them the trust, autonomy and freedom to take off. Think autonomous teams, lots of freedom, great office facilities, big training budgets, knowledge sharing groups, open source contributions and overall a super friendly and very expat friendly culture.
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. Some of the biggest European countries are also being onboarded at the moment, which will increase the number of users by hundreds of millions more. Adding to all sorts of interesting challenges!
To guarantee the trust and safety of the platform for hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide they will develop a completely new machine learning layer to prevent even better against spam, fraud, swearing and other bad behaviour.
Your role: Java Software Engineer ML Amsterdam
As a Java Software Engineer ML Amsterdam you will be part of the core communication team. This team is responsible for communications solutions for millions worldwide. These services handle tens of millions of message each and every day. And the scale is rapidly growing! You and your team build the next generation Machine Learning solution. This will be a greenfield project. This all to make the platform more safe and trustworthy for hundreds of millions more users.
You and your team will be working on globally operating, heavily distributed, highly available (24/7 uptime) and super secure mission critical backend systems. These services are developed in Java, Spring Boot, Docker, Cassandra, GCP, Kafka and if you like some Python, apache beam, Pub Sub, Big Query and Spark.
Within your role, you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- 4+ years of experience with Software engineering with the JVM
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science is a plus
- Experience in working in highly distributed environments
- Experience in Java8+
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot, Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL like Spanner or Cassandra is a plus
Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience With Big Data, Python, Big Query and/or Spark is a plus
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
What is offered?
- Between € 70.000 and € 82.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 10% yearend bonus!
- + € 5.000 one-time bonus in your first year
- Indefinite contract
- 26 vacationdays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- Travelling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
- After 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month