Vacature Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam | Help build online security for hundreds of millions of end users worldwide! | Java 11, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, GCP, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark | Salary € 82.000 + 10% bonus + € 5.000 signing bonus
Vacancy: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you enjoy working on the online security for millions of end-users worldwide?
- Do you like to build highly scalable and available systems with more than 25 million events per day?
- Would you like to work at issues around Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?
- Do you think a permanent contract, generous training budgets, health insurance reimbursement & childcare reimbursement are important?
- Do you enjoy working with technologies such as Java 11, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, GCP, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Cassandra, Spark & Python?
Don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Ensures online security for hundreds of millions of end-users worldwide!
This international technology company provides online security for hundreds of millions of end-users with their platform. With twelve brands worldwide, they know how to continuously innovate and look for the limit on what is possible with technology. This is because they believe that delivering value on the business side as solving customer problems can be done at scale. To give you an idea of the scale: on their highly scalable and available platform, as many as 25 million events per day are processed! So you can immediately make a positive impact and make the online world a lot safer.
Because they are constantly pushing the boundaries here, what can be done with technology, there is a strong engineering culture. For example, you work in self-managing teams, where you are given enough freedom to find the right solutions with the right tools. Also they are currently discovering how they can make their platform a lot smarter and safer. That is why they are going to build a completely new machine-learning solution to detect and stop fraud, unwanted language and offensive content. This gives you the opportunity to work as an Engineer on solving greenfield-issues around Cloud, AI & ML. You and your team like to take ownership and do not shy away from it!
Your role: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam you will play a crucial role in making the popular platform smarter and safer. This includes building new ML solutions to detect and prevent fraud, unwanted language and offensive content. You do this in one of the elite teams within the organization where you work together in a cross-functional team with two Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists. This allows you to push your technical boundaries, and at the same time make a positive contribution to the online safety of millions of people.
They are also currently working on rebuilding the existing platform in a cloud native way in order to be able to scale even faster. For example, as an Engineer you can focus on rebuilding this platform in combination with complex technical scalability issues. So there are many more challenges that you can sink your teeth into!
What is being asked?
- 5+ years of experience with Software Engineering within the JVM
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta degree, such as Computer Science
- Professional experience in Java and Spring Boot
- Experience with Docker and / or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in public Cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL such as Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with messaging services such as Kafka, Pub / Sub is a plus
- Experience with scalable systems is a plus
- Strong communication skills and you are a team player
What is offered?
- Between € 75.000 and € 82.000 gross per year based on experience and impact
- + 10% year bonus!
- + € 5.000 one-time signing bonus after your first year
- Immediately an indefinite contract
- 26 vacation days
- MacBook laptop
- Training budget
- Freedom to attend seminars or take courses
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on gym membership
- A bicycle plan every 3 years
- After working for 5 years, a sabbatical for 1 month
Do you like to build highly scalable systems that ensure the online security of millions of end-users worldwide as a Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam?