Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Engineer the Systems for over 350K concurrent users! | Java 11, Spring Boot, Postgres, Redis, Docker, AWS (EC2 & S3) | € 100.000 + stock options
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you want the chance to jump on a very successful, fast growing, globally operating, heavily used SAAS product similarly to Dropbox or Slack when they were only just a couple of hundred people?
- Do you enjoy working on greenfield projects where you need to figure out the architecture that will allow to scale further to millions with hundreds of thousand concurrent users?
- Do you love working within a fun and strong software engineering culture where you need to solve daily challenges that you can’t just google for?
Then wait no longer, this job is for you!
Your employer: Taking the world by storm!
This high-profile tech scale-up in Amsterdam has had insane success ever since they opened their doors only a decade ago. They are building heavily used (with 350k+ concurrent users, and growing!) SAAS-product massively adopted by enterprises and consumers alike! This product suite fulfills a key need in our daily age which will only grow in the future. They are truly doing something when you think about that with only a couple of hundred people they have some of the biggest (tech) companies as their key clients.
You have truly come to the right place if you like working for a high profile, data-driven tech company where creating end user value is baked in their DNA, with lots of greenfield work still needs to be done and working on non-trivial technology used by millions!
Currently, they are building their Amsterdam office as their main global development centre, which means you can not only help build software that all of your friends, family, (ex)colleagues and acquaintances use but also help shape the further development of the office, culture and best practices. They are heavily invested in open source projects, like giving back to the community and offer the chance for you to speak on their behalf on meetups, conferences and seminars.
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
Even though your career will never be bound to only one team or part of the product, as you can always move around within the company, as Senior Java Developer Amsterdam currently you will get to work within the brand new autonomous team tasked to design and build the services that will attract millions of new of users to the platform. You get to experiment with the latest stuff and build brand new tech. This means you will fulfill a crucial role in the further success of the company!
You and your brand new team members will be tasked with setting up the architecture, design and build various greenfield services that will allow new users to get acquainted with this already super popular saas product. As these new services will connect with a great many other departments part of your role will be aligning with different teams while experimenting and maturing the services you develop.
Here you get to work with top-notch, driven, expressive, product-minded engineers that know the key fundamentals of how to build software that is used by millions. This job is for you if you love working within a data-driven environment where you get loads of freedom and responsibility.
As the company is continuously expanding there will be a chance to grow into tech lead or architect in the future!
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Solid experience with architecture and design
- (production) experience with Java or another JVM language
- Solid knowledge of java core and the inner workings of commonly used frameworks and tooling
- Polyglot mindset and testing is second nature for you
- Expressive communicator, solid team player and strong problem solver
- A BSc or MSc in computer science or similar is a plus
- Experience with Spring (Boot) is a plus
- Experience with Postgres and/or Redis is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 80.000 and € 100.000 gross per year based on experience and added value
- Company stock
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- 25 holiday days
- Health insurance package!
- Lunch, snacks
- Awesome company events + celebrations
- Inspiring office with great facilities!
Are you interested in working on greenfield projects and make this gem the next big thing?