Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Global Impactful Real-time Data Product! | Java 11, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS & GraphQL | €90.000 based on 36h!
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you have loads of backend engineering experience and would you love to be part of a transition a very successful real-time data product with global impact towards a microservices architecture?
- Are you a true Backend engineer and would you love to bite down on architecture/design, new tech, enables dev teams to grow and sharing knowledge?
- And what do you think about amazing benefits like 7 hour workdays, flexible working hours, working from home possibilities, stock purchase plan, unlimited courses and 10 self-development days?
Wait no longer, this is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: Thought Leader in superior data quality that empowers better decision making on a global scale
This Tech Powered Thought Leader empowers key figures within the global science, medical research and government field to make the best decisions they can, through advanced real-time insights. They sit on a treasure trove of data and have some of the most advanced data teams on the face of the planet. Here you can look forward to challenging technical work as well as adding to the further development of the human race!
Due to continuous demand for their data products they are investing heavily in continuous improvements. Hiring more great engineers to join, moving to a microservices setup, removing technical depth, and continuously enhancing the features of their market-leading product to be able to answer questions that have not even been asked yet. So you can really impact on the end results, and deliver high-quality software you can be proud of!
Working here means you are part of something special! Both in sense of the impact you have on the planet as well as being part of their culture. On top of that you get solid benefits: 10 self-development days per year, flexible working hours, very flexible working from home possibilities, buying stocks with a discount, big training budgets, free gym and discount on health insurance as well as a discount on electronics for personal use.
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java Developer Amsterdam who will be part of a highly motivated autonomous development squad. Working closely with the five other motived teams, product and the domain architects you can you make an impact on the complex migration from a monolith to microservices architecture. As Java Developer you act as an individual contributor and you will help other engineers get the best out of themselves, engineering culture and knowledge sharing (or even go on the podium if you want)!
Over 2 million highly complex queries on the platform leads to an immense amount of data being processed in parallel, which is why continuous scaling and cashing are fundamental that you can bite down into as well. Next to this you will get to work in one of the squads and work on the most challenging bits of product development. If you are looking for a dynamic role with enterprise-grade challenges for years to come this role is for you!
As the Amsterdam teams are growing quickly you have the chance to quickly grow into various Architectural-, Leading or Management roles. Furthermore, switching teams within the organization is no problem at all here. This variation allows people to learn more, work longer and never get bored.
What is required?
- 5+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Excellent experience with Java8+ and microservices development
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional knowledge with scaling and/or cashing
- Experience with Spring Boot, Containerisation and a public cloud vendor
- Experience moving towards a microservices environment is a plus
- A technical bachelor or master’s degree, or similar working and thinking level
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in Kubernetes is a plus
What is offered?
- Between €75.000 to €90.000 based on knowledge and added value
- 7 hour working days!
- Flexible working hours + working from home possibilities
- Stock purchase plan with 10% discount
- 5% discount on health Insurance
- Discount on Dell and Apple products
- Solid pension
- €100 per month for your home office
- Access to over 400 training courses, videos, and books
- Several online management and leadership development programs + career scans
- 2x per year possibility to enrol into the career roadshow
- 27 holidays per year
- 10 extra days for self-development
- Disability insurance
- 2 days per year for volunteer work
- 16 weeks of maternity leave
- 4 weeks of family care leave
- Free gym facilities in the Amsterdam office
- 1x per amazing year end of year party
- every 5 years being able to go on unpaid sabbatical for 3 to 6 months
Would you like to transform a real-time data product as a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam that is used by key figures around the globe?